We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Prepaid Card.. Credit Building option??
Comments
-
A good basic account is either the Barclays Cash Card account or Halifax Easycash and both come with debit cards. My friend applied for the Halifax one and did not have to provide any ID. It reports to the credit reference agency too.
hi i am also trying to sort out poor credit history. i have looked at my experian report and I have 3 defaults I need to sort out. apart from that I have account with jd williams which shows as green and the same for both my bank accounts. so thats good.
i have applied for the prepaid credit card so that will mean another good example so once i have sorted out these default queries (i need to contact companies to find out what it all is) what else can i do to get credit history ok again?
would a 3rd basic bank account help or suggestions for other companies like jd williams. i have been at this address and one other only for last three years so that must be ok and i am on the electoral role. so i dont know what else to do to start building it all back up again? any suggestions would be great please0 -
Okay I'll give it a go, should I be honest when I say I've been out the country or shall I say I've been living at my house for X number of years? (just wondering if it effects credit)
Be honest. Always be honest on credit applications or it might be flagged as fraud, which will cause you far more problems.
Credit searches only stay on your record for 12 months, so if you get turned down you'll be no worse off then you are now in a year, and if you are accepted you should be significantly better. (Also, they don't record acceptance or rejection - just that a search was performed.)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards