Taking your own food/drink to cinema

Options

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Or a curry/chipper supper! :eek:

I don't think I'd have much sympathy there, even if it did smell a tad better than the average cinema hotdog! :D
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i bought a kebab in the streatham odeon once, had chilli sauce on aswell... i was only 13 mind. and odeon were bare laxed back then. :D
  • hemophobic
    Options
    The only thing I pay for is the frozen fantas at cineworld only coz I love them and no where else sells them. Sometimes I will buy popcorn there but usually go to tesco beforehand or even fish n chip shop or mcdonalds never been caught.
  • PIXIEBUM
    Options
    i always carry a big shoulder bag everywhere and always buy my popcorn for me and my little brother at morrisons where popcorn is £1.25 for two bags.

and for who ever said that the companies would go bust if they sold the food at the prices of the supermarket i disagree with.

if they sold the food at the same prices as the supermarket all us lot wouldn't feel forced to buy from the supermarket because we could afford it at the cinema.

its like the story of my local nightclub. they had a rubbish october to december with drinks cost £2.50 for a Vk so in January the dropped all their drinks down to £1 before midnight and £2 pounds afterwards.

speaking to the manager they have taken more profit then said months together.

if the cinema were to charge decent prices (pocket money prices for children because what 11 year old would be aloud to spend 6/7 pounds of popcorn and a drink?!) then then more people would buy from them and they would turn around money again.
  • iNath
    iNath Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    hemophobic wrote: »
    The only thing I pay for is the frozen fantas at cineworld only coz I love them and no where else sells them.
    KFC do, called IceBlast and it's the same thing! ;)
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Options
    We went to our local vue cinema at ocean terminal last night and there was signs saying compulsory(sp?) bag checks being done. We never got checked and my bf walked in with a starbucks coffee in his hand????? We've always taken in our own food and intend on keep doing so, except when I get nachos - You cant beat them. mmmmmm xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • borokat
    borokat Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't speak for big studio films but for independent films the cinema takes the majority of the ticket price. It takes a long time for independent films to make any money. Cinema food and drink prices are a total rip off. If I was questioned about taking my own food in I would say I had a nut allergy and couldn't be sure that cinema food didn't contain nut traces.
  • lil_nix
    Options
    ive been in the cinema with a mac d's before, i felt bad but my boyf said not a lot they can say and noone stopped us or even looked at us to be honest
  • lucid2008
    lucid2008 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    It is like going to the pub to watch football on sky and taking a 24 can pack of beer with you :)
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    borokat wrote: »
    If I was questioned about taking my own food in I would say I had a nut allergy and couldn't be sure that cinema food didn't contain nut traces.

Ooh, good idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport