We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky

Comments

• TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    i miss virgin (new house not in area). Sky isuseless, record 2 programmes and have to watch one of them otherwise it cancels the recording. what is the f'ing point of recording a programme and being made to watch it at the same timE

It has got to the point I have to go to bed at 10am as the Mrs tends to block record US trashy programmes.
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    kacy1988 wrote: »
    the price includes line rental + free evening + weekend calls.

virgin keep over charging, the box is dying and they wont replace it. (it's an NTL box still!) the broadband keeps crashing. more expensive than sky... need i go on?

my mum, aunt and MIL all have sky with no issues!
    I've only had SKYPLUS since October & SKYTALK Unlimited since November and I think it's GREAT. I was adamant never to have SKY and I regret all those wasted years. I've saved money with SKYTALK and I love being able to check my phone bill out on tv. I'm sure some people experience problems but no service is 100% hassle free but so far so good. I'm just plucking up courage to switch from AOL to SKY and then I'll be saving even more money.
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i miss virgin (new house not in area). Sky isuseless, record 2 programmes and have to watch one of them otherwise it cancels the recording. what is the f'ing point of recording a programme and being made to watch it at the same timE

It has got to the point I have to go to bed at 10am as the Mrs tends to block record US trashy programmes.
    You can record 2 programmes at the same time but you need to watch a programme you've already recorded whilst the other programmes are being recorded. Then you have no problems. Or try switching the Sky box off just before both programmes start to record and then turn back on once they've started and watch another Sky programme. Both solutions work.
  • spuds_2
    spuds_2 Posts: 874 Forumite
    Sky plus is good, though the call out fee for Sky is now £85, so it's pretty pricey if something goes wrong and they can't sort it out over the phone.
  • 2boysmum
    2boysmum Posts: 392 Forumite
    spuds wrote: »
    Sky plus is good, though the call out fee for Sky is now £85, so it's pretty pricey if something goes wrong and they can't sort it out over the phone.
    And the engineer that comes out to fix it gets around £7 to fix it
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 899 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Have you got an arial hooked up to your tv? If so, you can record two programmes, and watch another on " Normal " tv through terrestrial. Thats what we do :confused:
  • Bellio
    Bellio Posts: 133 Forumite
    I have had sky for about 15 years now. Hit hard times in November and although I was only on the 20£ a month basic channel choice, I had the original big old Billy big box and it was frezzing and all over the place so called up to cancel. This is what I got :

New Sky Box Free install
    Free Broadband for life including modem and anti virus
    Sky talk with free connection and free evening and weekend calls
    For £30 per month.

I was paying £69 per month with BT for my telephone !!!! No brainer really.

Obviously I know that the calls are taken out every month and they do kind of catch me out, but last months bill was only £51 all in. Calls , line rental sky tv. Still cheaper than paying B rip off merchants T.
  • scarlet
    scarlet Posts: 31 Forumite
    I've had nothing but trouble with Sky :mad: I only rang them to ask if they could reduce my viewing charges (as suggested on MSE!) They pressurised me into taking out Sky Talk and when I wrote immediately afterwards to cancel, and put it in writing, they still would not release my line. Hence since October I have been charged for calls by BT and Sky and have been ping-ponging between the two since then. Have complained to OFTEL & Sky's watchdog OTELO but still having problems. Have written several letters to Sky and not heard a peep back. Have now cancelled direct debit so they have cancelled my viewing channels :mad:

Thank you. Rant over :rolleyes:
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    How can you be pressurised into taking a service you do not want? Just say no.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    williham wrote: »
    We were paying £37 a month for 20mb broadband with virgin and £15 a month for phone with BT, now we're paying £30 a month for broadband and phone through virgin = happy.

Not bothered about the telly.

Tiscali do unlimited broadband, line rental and free anytime uk and international landline calls for £19.99 a mth!
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 346.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 238.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 613.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.7K Life & Family
  • 251.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.