We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

0% on Balance Transfers for Not good credit score

Hi guys

I applied last night for a Virgin Credit Card, but was turned down. I was attracted to their 0% on balance transfers for 16 months. My ability to get credit isn't too good, one of the reasons being I moved several times last year.

The debt on my current credit card is approximately £950. (I also have a loan of £5k)

Does anyone know of a credit card which I may be more suited too that still has a good offer on balance transfers?

Many thanks

Jon

Comments

  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    JLM wrote: »
    My ability to get credit isn't too good, one of the reasons being I moved several times last year.
    Are you on the electoral roll at your current address, and is it verifiable by a CRA search?

    Same question for your previous addresses.
  • JLM_2
    JLM_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I checked my credit report on annualcreditreport.co.uk and I was for my previous address, but apparently I'm not at my new one.

    I will look into getting on to it. Thanks for replying.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    JLM wrote: »
    I checked my credit report on annualcreditreport.co.uk
    Doesn't that just return information held on CallCredit, the smallest and least used CRA?

    Better to check Experian and Equifax IMHO.
  • JLM_2
    JLM_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I willl check Equifax, see what the deal is.

    I also do appear to be on the electoral register.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.