We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

4 year bonus

Options
2»

Comments

• Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    Do they still do 4year bonus -Ithought it had stopped?
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • Bluebird24
    Options
    Marker wrote: »
    Do they still do 4year bonus -Ithought it had stopped?

Only infantry get one after 4 it looks like. Everyone else gets a bonus after 5-7 years.
  • patacake58
    patacake58 Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there all.
    My son has been in the navy for nearly 4 years.
    Can anyone tell me if this applies?
    Or if not is there a similar sort of scheme in the navy?
    Thanks in advance, Pat
    Your greatness is measured by your kindness; your education and intellect by your modesty; your ignorance is betrayed by your suspicions and prejudices, and your real caliber is measured by the consideration and tolerance you have for others.

William J.H. Boetcker (1873-1962)
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    well 2 months after signing for bonus and nothings been paid, oh how typical, clerk says they are debating bonuses at the moment causing them to be hled up, what a load of !!!!!!!!.
  • goose_514
    Options
    I am in the RAF, and in october i received my 4 1/2 year retention 'bonus'. You claim, but you then have to complete a return of service, i think 18months.
    Some ground trades get more, ie regiment and firefighters as they are struggling to keep people in and i am sure thats where this figure of 15k is coming from.
    Also, there are two pay runs, one at the end of the month, and one in the middle. I was elgible for my bonus on the 19th October, so i recieved mine in the middle of October, as I applied for it early. There maybe a delay if he applied out of sync with the pay runs?
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    was due the bonus last april, only got round to signing for it middle of january now march,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure