🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

6 Months Free Memberhip With Nat.trust For Scotland

Options
The National Trust for Scotland are offering an extra 6 months free membership if you join and pay by direct debit. With the NTS you get access to ALL the National Trust Properties in England & Wales (inclduing car parking), and with 6 months free it is a great deal. If you are a Senior it is even better. Price for 18 months - Joint Senior Membership £38.25. Single Senior Membership £31.
Family £54.38. Individual £33.
http://www.nts.org.uk/Join/JoinOffer/
"0844 COSTS YOU MORE"

Comments

• bubblegumcola
    Options
    We've been thinking about joining for a while now, thats a really good offer. You can end up spending alot if you go to alot of their properties as a family.
  • parahandy
    Options
    I must check my Direct Debit - I'm sure I'm paying more than £54 for a family membership!
    Everybody dies, but not everyone truly lives
  • oilit
    oilit Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    theloft wrote: »
    The National Trust for Scotland are offering an extra 6 months free membership if you join and pay by direct debit. With the NTS you get access to ALL the National Trust Properties in England & Wales (inclduing car parking), and with 6 months free it is a great deal. If you are a Senior it is even better. Price for 18 months - Joint Senior Membership £38.25. Single Senior Membership £31.
    Family £54.38. Individual £33.
    http://www.nts.org.uk/Join/JoinOffer/

do you have to be scottish - by that I mean do you have to live in Scotland?

I suspect not - so why is it National Trust for Scotland - why not just National Trust for UK?

Sorry to OP but these type of things really annoy me !
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    oilit wrote: »
    do you have to be scottish - by that I mean do you have to live in Scotland? I suspect not - so why is it National Trust for Scotland - why not just National Trust for UK? Sorry to OP but these type of things really annoy me !
    You do not have to be Scottish to join. They have their own organisations, just as Wales & Northern Ireland do. It is probably to do with the administration etc. and of course Scottish landowners will be more likely to
    "leave it to the people" if it is a Scottish organisation.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • powershopper
    Options
    ........and you get to visit ALL NT properties for free.............
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just want to clarify that if I join Nat Trust for Scotland that I can visit all NT properties in England and Wales and also use their car parks for free?
  • ventureuk
    ventureuk Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    When it runs out remember to join the New Zealand National Trust for about £25 for a years family membership.

http://www.historicplaces.org.nz/newMemberForm.aspx

Access to every UK National Trust property inc beaches and I've never had to pay for parking.

It has saved me £££s over non members entry and about £40 on UK membership for a family sized ticket.

Buy when the exchange rate is high and it'll be cheaper, I paid £19 for the last membership.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    shopndrop wrote: »
    Just want to clarify that if I join Nat Trust for Scotland that I can visit all NT properties in England and Wales and also use their car parks for free?
    Yes, absolutely. I have been a member of NT For Scotland for 3 years now and have visited many NT properties and car parks.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • Dakafr
    Options
    Saving money is great but are we not missing the point. I'm not normally averse to saving money but subscriptions to National Trust help them to preserve historic buildings and are seen as charitable donations (qualify for gift aid). I prefer to support the trust in my home country.
  • dmarks
    dmarks Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry if I'm being dim but all I can see is £72.50 for a family for 18 months and not £54.38 - am I doing something wrong??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport