We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Virgin Credit card = awsome
JDMYOFAN
Posts: 329 Forumite
in Credit cards
Having just come out of the MBNA Platinum 0% balance transfer period, which I forgot, I recieved a bill for £70 intererst! :T 
So took up the virgin credit card, bloody helpful, increased my credit limit, transferred the money there and then, March 2010 = interest free! Direct debit set up to ensure I never miss a payment (else the 0% expires).
So 12 months to pay it off!
Sorry but I do love MBNA. All their numbers are 0800, they also have a callback feature, great if you're calling off your mobile.
:beer:
So took up the virgin credit card, bloody helpful, increased my credit limit, transferred the money there and then, March 2010 = interest free! Direct debit set up to ensure I never miss a payment (else the 0% expires).
So 12 months to pay it off!
Sorry but I do love MBNA. All their numbers are 0800, they also have a callback feature, great if you're calling off your mobile.
:beer:
0
Comments
-
Just don't let them talk you into taking out their outragously overpriced payment protection insurance which they will use high pressure sales tactics to push at every opportunity.0
-
Having just come out of the MBNA Platinum 0% balance transfer period, which I forgot, I recieved a bill for £70 intererst! :T

So took up the virgin credit card, bloody helpful, increased my credit limit, transferred the money there and then, March 2010 = interest free! Direct debit set up to ensure I never miss a payment (else the 0% expires).
So 12 months to pay it off!
Sorry but I do love MBNA. All their numbers are 0800, they also have a callback feature, great if you're calling off your mobile.
:beer:
I thought since the Virgin Credit was part of MBNA doing a balance transfer from another MBNA account was not allowed.0 -
I'm applying with these.
I have 3 current credit cards.
Is it in my interest to tell them in the application or not?
Halifax limit £1750, outstanding £1000
Nat West limit £1250, outstanding £1000
Sainsburys Bank limit £4100, outstanding £0
Should I leave sainsburys bank off?
Will they think.... why does he need a credit card if he has this available?0 -
Probably cleared it via a 'money transfer', ie super balance transfer.darkcloudi wrote: »I thought since the Virgin Credit was part of MBNA doing a balance transfer from another MBNA account was not allowed.0 -
-
To get around the credit cards that are part of the same banking group- for example Virgin and MBNA you can request Virgin to send the amount you want to transfer to your current account, pay the balance transfer fee (usually 3%) then transfer the money yourself via a payment from your bank account. That way you benefit from the 0% for whatever the period is and the bank is happy.
I did this at Virgin's suggestion as wanted to transfer from MBNA...:p0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards