Disability Premium -who qualifies?

Options

Comments

• snoopy89
    snoopy89 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    thanks richard9991, but when i rang the help liine they said no. this is why i did not proceed. can i calim back to new dla high rates date which is 3 months and how much is it. also when i did get is some time ago they told me i had to goto work, till i filled some forums in again, big thanks for confiming what m8 said. :j:T:)
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    i you live alone no one claims cares allowance for you have savings under £6000 then you are entitled to the severe disability prem plus the enhanced disability prem
    here is what you should get

income support £65.45
    disability premi £28.00
    severe dis prem £53.63
    enhanced dis prem £13.65 less money you are ready getting ie your incap what is left is what you get income support
  • richard9991
    Options
    here is what you should get

income support £65.45
    disability premi £28.00
    severe dis prem £53.63
    enhanced dis prem £13.65 less money you areall ready getting ie your incap what is left is what you get for income support
    you can claim back for upto 3 months so should be ok ring income support and tell them you want to make a claim and remind them of you dla award for high rate care
  • snoopy89
    Options
    big thanks, just one more qestion if i may, is this only becuse i now get high rate mobility and care or should i have got it when i was on high rate mobility and low care. thanks again.:j
  • richard9991
    Options
    snoopy89 wrote: »
    thanks richard9991, but when i rang the help liine they said no. this is why i did not proceed. can i calim back to new dla high rates date which is 3 months and how much is it. also when i did get is some time ago they told me i had to goto work, till i filled some forums in again, big thanks for confiming what m8 said. :j:T:)

you can claim back for upto 3 months so should be ok ring income support and tell them you want to make a claim and remind them of you dla award for high rate care
  • richard9991
    Options
    big thanks, just one more qestion if i may, is this only becuse i now get high rate mobility and care or should i have got it when i was on high rate mobility and low care. thanks again.:j
    yes its because you now get high rate care low rate care doesnt get you the severe disability or the enhanced disability
  • snoopy89
    Options
    if i have worked it out right its just over 37.00 a week, that makes a huge differance to help for me and the house. i added your figures and deducted my current rate of ib. big big thanks.:beer: i dont drink but i would buy you a few.:j:). than goodness for you and these forums.
  • richard9991
    Options
    if i have worked it out right its just over 37.00 a week, that makes a huge differance to help for me and the house. i added your figures and deducted my current rate of ib. big big thanks.:beer: i dont drink but i would buy you a few.:j:). than goodness for you and these forums.
    your welcome
  • sazy_2
    Options
    Please help. My brother is disabled and i am wondering if he is entitled to other benefits/help.
    He receives Incapacity benefit 108.05pw
    DLA 93.15pw
    Can he claim disability premium?
    he is struggling with his gas and electricity bills, can he get help?
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    sazy .. .. the thread you've posted in is a couple of years old, you might do better starting your own new thread my friend if you are looking for advice.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure