Lost your car radio code

Options
You can save money if you lose your security code for your car radio. Instead of contacting the main dealer (this will cost you from £10 upwards) you can have it unlocked / decoded over the telephone. You will only need the serial number of your radio.

You can have your ford, becker, blaupunkt, clarion, delco, ford, grundig, philips radio unlock for only £5.00 if you mention this website when calling.

The call is a lo call rate ---- 0845 838 2378

https://www.unlockcarradios.co.uk is hte website.
IF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE IT! YOU DON'T DESERVE IT![/B

Comments

• BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    Careful I think their number is a 'personal number' which can cost up to £1.50/minute so total cost (de-code charge plus call charges)may actually be more expensive (albeit more convenient) than using someone local.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/email]. :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am a member of https://www.pug306.net, its a Peugeot 306 owners club although people of all makes and models post.

I think they have some sort of code/system to be able to get the code, so if anyone is stuck go across there and they should help you out!
  • nadnad
    nadnad Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    i dont know how he used to do it but when my bro forgot his radio code he stuck the radio in the frezzer for a day or so - this used to reset the number - usually back to a standard 0000 - dont know how it worked if it works with todays car radios (this was about 10 years ago) but there you go!
    DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY ;)

norn iron club member no.1
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BFG wrote:
    Careful I think their number is a 'personal number' which can cost up to £1.50/minute so total cost (de-code charge plus call charges)may actually be more expensive (albeit more convenient) than using someone local.

0845 numbers are not premium rate, they are revenue sharing numbers and the call charges for a BT line are:-

Mon-Fri 0600-1800 3p per minute

Evenings and w/e 1p per minute

Both with a 5p minimum charge
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• BFG_2
    Options
    derrick wrote:
    0845 numbers are not premium rate...

I agree 0845 are not premium numbers - but the website was using an 070...... number (when I looked) - this is a "personal" number and I'm not 100% sure of the exact rates.

BTW - scammers have been using 070...numbers by ringing millions of mobiles and hanging up after one ring (or less) - this shows as a 'missed call' and lots of people have rung them back thinking it's an ordinary mobile and been stung with premium rates.

I don't think this website here is trying anythinmg underhand and they have said they will be changing to an 0845 number. I would also say that the 'total cost of getting a code' is almost definitely still cheaper than going to a main dealer - don't mind paying if it saves me time!
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is plenty software available free of charge if you search the net which will generate unlock codes.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • novelli
    novelli Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am sure i have a program on my PC for unlocking them, they are freely avilable you dont need to pay anyone, same with phone unlockers.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BFG wrote:
    I agree 0845 are not premium numbers - but the website was using an 070...... number (when I looked) - this is a "personal" number and I'm not 100% sure of the exact rates.

The link in the OP shows the 0845 number and 07999 which is a mobile number.

Telephone 0845 838 2378 (lo call rate) or 07999 680814 (mobile rate) .
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• BFG_2
    Options
    derrick wrote:
    The link in the OP shows the 0845 number and 07999 which is a mobile number.

Telephone 0845 838 2378 (lo call rate) or 07999 680814 (mobile rate) .

I'm not disputing what you say or what the website says NOW) however it was an 070 number when I looked.

I also sent the website a question asking the charges on their 070 number, got a fairly sharp reply and they have now changed it to an 0845 (which BTW is no longer allowed to be called a 'local rate' in adverts).

I like the de-coding site (saves you time and possible money)....but maybe the OP should have declared a interest since it is their site after all??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure