Aaargh boiler gone wrong!!!

Options
We've been having a few problems with an old worcester bosch boiler tripping the reset when providing hot water. It didn't do it all the time and would just reset happily. This has been going on for 10 months. In the colder weather it has got worse. Now it has just tripped out and is making horrible squealing noises!! I have turned it off and let the heating pump run to take the heat out of the system. It only seems to pick on me as though I don't turn the tap on in just the right way! It never seems to do it to my OH. I haven't dared switch it back on as it sounded very unhappy.... The water temp has also been a bit variable - sometimes lukewarm and sometimes scalding hot.

Any ideas as to which part is bust? The diverter valve was changed when we moved in as it was doing this then. Obviously that wasn't the problem as it carried on doing it!

Glad the weather has warmed up a bit!

Comments

• thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like it may be the heat exchangers. I'd just get in a pro to have a look. It wont be a diy fix.
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • teabelly
    teabelly Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh bum. That's the expensive bit! Looks like another £250 bill from worcester bosch :-/ it is doing hot water without noise again but still the odd reset is needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure