We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Craft Fairs / Events Northern Ireland 2009

Comments

• belle87
    belle87 Posts: 594 Forumite
    i'm wondering if any of you ladies can help me, im looking for irish based maufacturers/wholesalers of abth bombs/soaps etc as all mine are based in england and postage costs keep rising so im wanting to cut down on cost of shipping. I have been googling now for few days but im usless at finding info out so do any of you ladies know of any wholesale businesses?
  • Indigo's_Mum
    Indigo's_Mum Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2009 at 12:19PM
    Right, finally got all the loose ends tied up. I am please to announce that Stork Xchange will be hosting a Baby Fair on Saturday 8 August 2009 in Larne Leisure Centre, Tower Road, Larne. As part of this event we are inviting local crafters, specifically those who make/sell baby related craft. Off the top of my head I have thought of baby knits, cards, nappy cakes, christening accessories, Usborn books and baby toys (taggies, wood crafts etc). I'm sure I've forgotten loads, but I'm also fairly sure that if this applies to you, I'll hear from you. At this event you will be bringing your craft to your target market and with the show lasting 5 hours, you'll have plenty of time to show and sell your wares.

Stalls start at £20 and probably best to pm me here until I have the website up and running. If you are on Facebook there is a group dedicated to the Baby Fair so feel free to check it out too and ask any questions there. (Stork Xchange Baby Fair 09)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • There is a craft fair at Lorne, Girlguiding Ulster Headquarters in Holywood.Their number is in the book. I don't think it has been highly advertised yet though.
    £25 table, 14th November 2009, set up from 8am. It has been fully booked last two years as far as I know.
    I'm planning to go this year for a first with jewellery
    HTH
  • Hi everyone, its great to see the fair dates appearing - anyone know of any others, do let us know! How's everyone getting on with stock making/sourcing?
    Feel free to thank me, it makes my toes tingle and my ears go warm :T
  • belle87
    belle87 Posts: 594 Forumite
    not soo good lol im tryin to find wholesalers of bath bombs and soaps in ireland no joy as of yet i would cnsider looking into those tho make and certify them at wholesale price tho
  • belle87 wrote: »
    not soo good lol im tryin to find wholesalers of bath bombs and soaps in ireland no joy as of yet i would cnsider looking into those tho make and certify them at wholesale price tho

Belle - have you tried contacting these:

http://www.irishhandmadesoap.com/tradeenq.htm

http://www.gallunac.com/contact.htm

http://www.burrenperfumery.com/information/wholesale.html

http://www.yum.uk.com/company.asp?ID=84

or my particular favourite....

http://www.cowshedonline.com/bath_home/c84624-1.html

You could ask if they do wholesale, and cowshed have free delivery on orders over £50, and their packaging looks delicious, which is half the battle with this sort of product I would think.

They might all be more soap and gel based rather than bath bombs, but Im sure it would be worth getting in touch. Good luck!
  • Hi if anyone is interested in having a stall at a craft fair that is planned for 25th and 26th July 2009 in Castlewellan, Co.Down, please drop me an email at the address below, there are places available for handmade, locally (Ireland/northern ireland) produced crafts, all crafters welcome, must have insurance.

craft_fair_ulster_fleadh@yahoo.co.uk

• Hi just came accross this post so i may be too late but were holding a summer fate on 3rd May in Witham, Essex pitches cost £10 please pm me if you require any further details.
    :hello:
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad :p:D
  • Golden_Anemone
    Golden_Anemone Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Hi folks. I saw an ad for this on my way home yesterday and thought I'd let you know.

May Day Craft Fair

04 May 2009

Colourful Spring fair featuring local crafts, delicious food, also entertainers, music, craft activities for kids, face-painting and balloon modelling.
    Time: Museum open 11am-5.30pm
    Venue:
    Down County Museum
    Admission: £2 for adults, £1 for children under 16, £5 for a family
  • Hi just came accross this post so i may be too late but were holding a summer fate on 3rd May in Witham, Essex pitches cost £10 please pm me if you require any further details.

Hi discountmummy - think Essex might be a little far for some of us to travel from Belfast! Thankyou anyway, hope you have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.