🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

refund of mistaken payment

Options
This month in error we paid a credit card company 160.00 in error. We also paid the minimum payment that thay required. Yesterday we contacted them to ask for the second payment back. Initially they said you cannot do that as the card is not in credit. We challenged him and asked to speak to the supervisor they came back to us and said that they can refund the second payment but could we call back tomorrow as the payment had not reached them yet and the office that would deal with this was closed. We phoned back today and they insist that they cannot refund the money. My husband has asked for them to call back and they have not. Does anyone know where we stand?:confused:

Comments

• latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think its up to the credit card company if they want to offer a refund. You have a balance with them and hence they probably dont have any obligation to return any extra payment. Of course if you have things to buy (groceries/petrol etc) you could use the credit card instead of debit card/cash and hence you'd get back to where you started.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I could if it wasn't with beneficial finance that have stopped the card now that they are changing to marbles.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry aall but I have got to have a rant, because I know that if we phone them they will not care. We contacted Beneficial Finance spoke to both the day shift supervisor and night shift supervisor and they said that we would be refunded the extra payment we made and that this would take 10 to 15 working days. Guess what it has not gone in. How can people lie like that, I think it is really bad business. I know that Beneficial finance are moving to Marbles so for me the reputation will go with it and Marbles will certainly not get any of our business. so there rant over.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport