gas central heating heat up rates

Options
hi folks
i'd be grateful if anyone could help me with this. the question is really how many degrees per hour should a reasonable gas central heating system heat up. obviously a lot of variables are involved here - outside temperature, insulation etc. the temperture required would be lounge 21c bathroom 23c bedrooms 16c, in other words the standard temperatures. also, would today's condensing boilers heat the system quicker than non condensing boilers. any experience or rules of thumb will be appreciated.
thanks
krishing

Comments

• david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not easy but my system can get to those temperatures in about hour and half first thing in the morning. Condensing boilers are just more efficient.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    As you say there are many factors that will affect the time it takes to warm up a house - starting temperature, radiator sizes etc.

However a condensing boiler will not heat up a house any quicker than an old boiler of the same output.(BTU or kW) It will just use less gas to achieve that output.

To achieve a faster warm up time you need the water temperature set on the boiler as high as possible.
  • krishing
    krishing Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    cardew and david29dpo - thanks for replying
    krishing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts