Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    Immoral/Fatbelly or wba31, this will be my revised SOA when i move back to my parents. I am not including the buisness and expences yet untill i am actually up there and have a start date. If i am informing them of a change of circumstances can this be done over the phone or do they send me paperwork to fill out..? Will i need to send them any paperwork(bank statements/origional debt statements) or does the paperwork i first provided when i got my origional DRO still stand..?

Hi Orville

I think I'd phone them. I admit I'm not sure what the procedure is. Once my clients get the DRO awarded I close the file - the DRO unit can request anything by way of proof. Whether they will, I'm not sure. Offer to send that SOA and see what they say.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 9 March 2011 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Hi, please be gentle.. this is my first post here...

Hi Emma - sounds OK for a DRO. I'm sure CCCS will guide you through the process. You are in rented accommodation?

The car will not disqualify you as it is not yours - it belongs to the finance company who will demand its return.

So you may need to think what you will be doing for wheels.

And we're always gentle on this board... ;)
  • Sandella
    Sandella Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    any news on the pension rules (as talked about before) as I have a very small opt out pension which is stopping me going for DRO and am considering bankruptcy instead, my debts are under £15,000
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    Sandella wrote: »
    any news on the pension rules (as talked about before) as I have a very small opt out pension which is stopping me going for DRO and am considering bankruptcy instead, my debts are under £15,000

Will hopefully know something toward the end of next week as there is a meeting taking place on Tuesday where my boss will be chasing it up
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Hi Emma - sounds OK for a DRO. I'm sure CCCS will guide you through the process. You are in rented accommodation?

The car will not disqualify you as it is not yours - it belongs to the finance company who will demand its return.

Oh i must apologise then. I didn't know it worked like that with the car. I thought it was much the same as say something on credit with next or very....

Sleep easy then Emma, it lookslike you are good to go..:D (providing you can get from A to B without the car):D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Sandella wrote: »

Pensions are due to be excluded from being classed as an asset from the end of this month :T

Have you an intermediary who's agreed to submit your DRO? I'd suggest contacting them directly.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Sandella
    Sandella Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    not yet I have waited for a year for this change, what a relief,
    moving house very soon so will sort it all out when I settle and make it a fresh start

• Dolly_Dimples
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »

Hi fatbelly, thanks for your prompt response - any help or advice is most welcome!

Yes, my accomodation is privately rented.

That's good about the car... I should be ok, as my OH has a car which I can use for work.

A lot of people would laugh at my £11,500 debt... but any debt is scary when you can't pay anyone back (let alone afford to live) & you are receiving 10's of phone calls/text messages a day..

Somedays I feel like I can't breathe...

I turn 30 next month & don't feel as though I have a lot to look forward to.. but no good feeling sorry for myself, just got to get through it & move on!

Sorry for the whinge!

Thanks again

Emma
  • Dolly_Dimples
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    Oh i must apologise then. I didn't know it worked like that with the car. I thought it was much the same as say something on credit with next or very....

Sleep easy then Emma, it lookslike you are good to go..:D (providing you can get from A to B without the car):D

Hi Orville,

No worries! I will let you know how I get on.... *fingers crossed*

Emma
  • hoxtonbabe
    hoxtonbabe Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello,

I originally posted this in the wrong thread so please forgive me if already read elsewhere :-)

I have just been advised to have/do a DRO, however before I actually get in contact with the relevant people I need to know where I stand with my kids savings, I have 2 kids and the eldest one has best part of 3k saved (towards his uni fees) it is a nationwide smart account and I opened if for him on his behalf some years ago, he is now 13 and can have his account in his own name so planning on taking my name off the account, but his father will still be sending him quite a deceent sum each month (part towards his uni savings and general child maintainence) naturally I would not want this effected so am I on the right track by taking my name off the account?

With regards to my little one, I had an old basic account that I didnt not use and couldnt be bothered with faffing around to open him a new one at the time so just put his money in that account, however as I said it is totally under my name, so would the best thing to do is either put it all in my other sons account or open a seperate account for the little one who is 3 but I will be linked to that account so not sure if the powers that be will take into account that the bank account is for my son.

Hope I made sense :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure