Laura Ashley

Options
I ordered some items from Laura Ashley at the beginning of December but they weren't suitable so sent them back via the post office and got proof of posting.

I paid £200 for these items and up until now still haven't had a refund, I spoke to their customer services twice before xmas who told me they had a huge backlog of returns and to leave it another week etc, I phoned again on 23rd Dec and was told the same thing but if I sent in a copy of the proof of posting and a covering letter they would refund immediately.

I did that and today have had a letter stating they are looking into it for me and will be back in touch 'in the near future' what does that mean? surely now I have produced proof of posting they should refund me immediately and do their own investigation?

what can I do?
Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Under the Distance Selling Regulations they must refund your money as soon as possible and in any case no later than 30 days after you notify them that you are cancelling the order

I would get in touch again taking note of who you speak to and mention said regulations. If you get no satisfaction 30 days after you notified them get in touch with consumer direct
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure