Sainsbury's rip off

Options
I purchase 3 packs of Tunnock's wafer biscuits every week. A month ago I noticed the price had risen by 30% per pack of 8. I complained to Sainbury's customer services and had the reply this morning. It seems there was an administration glitch and the biscuits were overpriced by 25%. This has been going on for a month- a tasty profit for Sainsbury's I feel. I received a 'good will gesture - after asking for one- of £2.70 worth of nectar points to recompense me for the 9 packets I was overcharged - this has now been upped to £10.00 when I said I would be writing to the newspapers - Sainsbury's said that other customers who paid for these biscuits would have to get in touch with them to get their money back. How many more products are overpriced? Why did it take Sainsbury's a month to sort this out and reply to my complaint?
Anyone who has bought Tunnock's chocolate wafer biscuits over the last month please reclaim your 25 pence overcharge per pack! :mad:

Comments

• moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suppose if you had to keep 10,000 prices exactly correct in a thousand stores you could do it before breakfast !
  • illuminate
    Options
    If they were over-priced why did people buy them ?

In their position, if this mistake has not caused a noticeable drop in the sales of these wonderful wafers I'd be leaving the price where it is.
  • BargainGalore
    Options
    I noticed in Morrisons just before Christmas that they jumped up in there recently. I dont buy every week but most weeks. One week when I did shopping about a month ago they weren't in stock the next week they had shot up about 30p
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    25p overcharge per pack is it actually worth it i ask,
  • stinky_daddy
    Options
    Hi

although not strictly about the biscuits, I have noticed that Asda (Portsmouth / Fratton) are / were selling packs of Bovril (12 cubes) for something like £1.80(ish)!!!

I normally purchase these packs for between 70 - 80p from Asda to drink (it gets cold working on doors at night and you can't beat a bovril with pepper in to warm you up:p ).

I know food prices have been going up but over 120%(?) increase seems a little excessive, I'm sure that the price rise has nothing to do with Christmas (and the fact that everything seems to increase in price):mad: :mad:

Has anyone else noticed price hikes like this?

*Having just checked the prices on Asda's website the cubes seem to have gone back to 76p!!!!!!!!
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    ...and then it hits me
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had hardly noticed any prices fall at all over recent months in fact I am spending more on a normal shop not extras for Christmas etc. I thought prices were suppose to be falling
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is going to turn into a thread about prices rising
  • glitterkitty
    Options
    Hi

although not strictly about the biscuits, I have noticed that Asda (Portsmouth / Fratton) are / were selling packs of Bovril (12 cubes) for something like £1.80(ish)!!!

I normally purchase these packs for between 70 - 80p from Asda to drink (it gets cold working on doors at night and you can't beat a bovril with pepper in to warm you up:p ).

I know food prices have been going up but over 120%(?) increase seems a little excessive, I'm sure that the price rise has nothing to do with Christmas (and the fact that everything seems to increase in price):mad: :mad:

Has anyone else noticed price hikes like this?

*Having just checked the prices on Asda's website the cubes seem to have gone back to 76p!!!!!!!!

I've seen the same issue in Asda with the big bars of Dairy Milk. One day they were £2.20, very next day they were £3.36!! (they are now down to £2.18!)
    I did email Asda to find out why the price had gone up so much, and by the time i got a reply, all the reply said was 'the price has in fact gone down, not up'

ah well!
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    SHOCK HORROR..... Call the Daily Mail. A store is changing its prices in line with customer demand.
    It is simple..
    They were at £2.20. The store tried to cash in by upping the price to £3.36, nobody bought them so they dropped the price to £2.18.

Hardly front page news.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport