lauraj87 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that Bankypanky! Good thinking! :beer:
    Member of Quidco and Dooyoo

Working on building some savings for 2013
  • lauraj87
    Options
    I really hope my reviews get approved quickly, still showing as 39/79 and have been for over a month now! I like the site and i'm raring to get going...

• JC83
    JC83 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I've also signed into this, but I cant find where you can write a review :o
    I have my profile page, which shows I havnt done any, and can search products, but it dosnt say anywhere, that I can review an item :huh:
  • lauraj87
    Options
    JC83 wrote: »
    I've also signed into this, but I cant find where you can write a review :o
    I have my profile page, which shows I havnt done any, and can search products, but it dosnt say anywhere, that I can review an item :huh:

Just search the products and the one's that are available for reviewing will have the option to click underneath, not all of the products do, some are just links but usually there are some in each category to review...

• pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2009 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Just signed up for this and saw this in the blog -

"ComparedBy.Us has gone through a lot of changes over the last year. We survived the explosive growth of our community from 200 members to 2,000 members in less than a month and learned how to deal with the cheaters and spammers that came along with that growth. In the process we built a strong editorial process that has allowed us to effectively manage the spam that any pay for content website must deal with.

In these uncertain economic times a lot of companies are being forced to reorganize company goals and ComparedBy.Us is no different. We are currently undergoing some restructuring and a re-prioritization of company goals. As part of the re-focusing CBU will be suspending the Member Incentive Plan on June 17th.

We will be honoring all outstanding earnings in the current pay period (May 18th to June 17th) and we will be working furiously over the next few weeks to clear the editorial queue for all of our members. Please understand that any reviews that we are unable to process prior to the June 17th payment process (or submitted after June 17th) will no longer be eligible for payment. The CBU team will do its utmost to process all editorial queue requests as quickly as possible to give every member a chance to submit a payment request on, or before, June 17th.

At this time we do not have a timeline for when the Member Incentive Plan will be reactivated. We will keep you up to date in the blog as we learn more.

I personally would like to thank all of our members for their contributions to the CBU community. It is you, our members, who made the successes that CBU has achieved possible. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me."

Does this mean that they are no longer doing these reviews anymore?

Edit: just read the rest at the bottom and it says they are no longer paying (at the moment anyway) Trust me to miss out!
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • ericcartman
    Options
    :(

Have had ten extended reviews sitting in the queue for approval for ages now. That's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back!
  • Bombchelle
    Bombchelle Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that ericcartman. There's nothing that annoys me more than having wasted my time. After having read this thread, I really wish you guys the best of luck with your endeavours because reviewing for money doesn't seem worthwhile to me.
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    Bummer. I have had $20 of reviews approved, but as you have to hav ea min of $20.01 to get paid I guess I'm stuffed, all over 1 cent. Oh well. I didn't really think CBU would last for ever. It was too generous adn to be honest its software seemed pretty flawed from the beginning. Nice for pocket money while it lasted though.
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    jhousley wrote: »
    It actually works!

Eh? What works?
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :(

Have had ten extended reviews sitting in the queue for approval for ages now. That's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back!

So did I, but I emailed them about it and the editor got back to me asking for my username and they got approved straight away.

It's a shame that the minimum you need is $20.01 to cash out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure