Options
14567810»

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lychee wrote:
    For Nationwide CC, would it be possible to have a second cardholder who is not permanently a UK resident?
    AFAIK residence doesn't matter if you can provide proof or ID and proof of address for a second cardholder. They did request these proofs when I tried to do this for a person with no UK credit history.
    EDIT: the above informatino about request of proofs of ID and address is incorrect!:o
  • greenoak
    greenoak Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for my nationwide 2 weeks ago and have seen nothing yet. So telephoned them and after 15 mins on hold was told that if I did not have the application reference number there was nothing I could do.

Total rubbish service. Online application was approved. Surely they can find me on there DB. The computer opperator says "NO"

Well stuff them and there credit card I would rather pay a few pounds in fee than waste my time on Nationwide.
  • Lychee
    Lychee Posts: 446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks grumbler.

Would you know if they'll want proof of a UK address or will overseas address be acceptable? I don't suppose the second cardholder will need to go into a branch and apply in person since applications can be done by post?
  • grumbler
    Options
    Lychee wrote:
    Would you know if they'll want proof of a UK address or will overseas address be acceptable? I don't suppose the second cardholder will need to go into a branch and apply in person since applications can be done by post?
    I don't remember all details. What I remember is that when I submitted application for a second cardholder (I think I've done this online, but I cannot find this option now) they sent me some form to fill in and an accompanying letter asking to enclose the above proofs (copies?). There was no need to go to a branch, but I stopped at that point. I think that it had to be a UK address, but I am not sure. All this was a couple of years ago and possibly is different now.
    EDIT: I checked my 2004 papers and the above informatio regarding proofs of ID and address is incorrect! :o
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you ask Nationwide? Just make a general enquiry. 0800 30 20 10
  • Entertainer
    Options
    So we currently have Nationwide and Post Office offering no loading fees.
  • grumbler
    Options
    ...and the Audi Card

BTW Martin's article has already been updated to include the Post Office card ...
  • sinar
    sinar Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I have just got a Barclaycard Platinum Visa with 10 month interest free credit on purchases, I'm going on holiday to Hong Kong in a week and I want to buy a camera lens on the card in Hong Kong.

Does anyone know how much extra I would end up paying? would I be charged a fee for using it abroad or would I get a much poorer exchange rate?

I have never used a credit card abroad before,
    thanks for reading,

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills