HBOS Stocks and shares ISA

HI everyone
im looking for some advice .
i have held S&S isa with halifax - cautiously managed fund since 2 years
as of today my shares value stands at 6100(my investment - 7300)
im really disappointed with the way my investment is going ............after reading previous thread i have grown more sceptical about hbos investment plans
wht do i do? ..........should i dump them now? should i cut my losses now?
im not in immediate need for the money....i can wait for a further 2 year.
oh believes we should dump them and offset it against the mortgage
any advice is welcome
MFiT-T2 05 Mortgage (Jun 08) : £158K
savings : s&s isa £8000 : isa1 £10400 : isa2 £10400
Status: Aug 08 - £158k : £22k / Dec 08 - £154k : £35k / Dec 09 - £145k : £35k/ Aug 10 - £133k : £26k / Dec 10 - £127k: £33k/ Mar11 - £124k :£18k
http://www.bullionvault.com/#WARPRINCESS

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    m really disappointed with the way my investment is going ............after reading previous thread i have grown more sceptical about hbos investment plans

Whilst Halifax investments are poor, the alternatives would have gone down as well. You invest for the long term and you have only been in there 2 years of what is considered a minimum of at least 5 years.
    wht do i do? ..........should i dump them now? should i cut my losses now?

At the moment you have a paper loss on an investment which zig zags in value on a daily basis. You should have been aware that losses could happen, especially in the short term before you took it out. What has changed between now and then that makes you want to take that money out?

No-one knows the future but bad investing is investing at a high point and pulling out at a low point.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • shaf00uk
    shaf00uk Posts: 69 Forumite
    I concour with dunstonh, you need to wait at least five years as it should be treated as a medium to long term investment.

For less than 5 years then you should have put the money into a high interest saving account or used the money to offset your mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure