🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Crawfords - Loss Adjuster/Assessor - Contents Claim

Options
Unfortunately my home got broken into a few months back and although part of the claim has been processed and i have received 'vouchers' to replace some items, i did not accept 'vouchers' from a high street jewellers for the jewellery part of my claim - some of the items stolen were designer items and thankfully i had the receipts etc to prove it. After reading posts here, i was informed that i did not need to accept these vouchers - as stated on the Financial Ombudsman's website. So when i told them i would not accept this and also some of the remaining items claim had not been processed yet, my insurance company told me Crawfords (loss adjusters/assessors) would visit me.

My question is what am i to expect from Crawfords visit? Do i need to have copies of the receipts with me? even though i have already sent them to the insurance company before and they accepted these.

Also with more than enough receipts etc submitted why do they actually need to visit me at my home?

It's already been 6 months since i made the initial claim and my insurance company have been dragging it out for so long unncessarily. It's not even a large amount - less than 10,000.

Comments

• mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes have copies of receipts handy,
    they will be checking up on you to see what your house is like etc
    ie you are claiming for a rolex and plasma tv yet you live in a run down area/house etc - example only
    they are simply making sure your not trying to make a frauduland claim
    where in england you from as it may be me
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts