IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals article discussion

Options

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    giant08 wrote: »
    he topped up his parking ticket three times whilst visiting clients

The point here is that the fine clearly states the time it was given as 2.05pm and the expiry of the parking ticket is also 2.05pm.

The registration number given is one letter different and

the colour of his car is given as silver when it is in fact blue.

Some authorities forbid topping-up - You would need to check the applicable policy/sinage for your area.

Again arguable because of the above, although I'd probably try it.

This is the clincher - Wrong number. Ticket is wrong, End-of. As an aside, did they note your road tax number as well?

Colour - Difficult. A great difference yes, a lesser difference, unlikely. Although it does call the patroller's observation skills into question. :)
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    giant08 wrote: »
    He has appealed

Doh!

On two counts. Why appeal when they don't know you at the moment?

- and why post in a general discussion thread - Isn't there a 'read this before posting' sticky?
    -
  • gpjayne
    gpjayne Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2009 at 3:01PM
    Options
    My son parked in Blockbuster video carpark Barnsley at 01.15hrs for 6 mins to pick his friends up from a night out. 7 days later he received a parking fine from CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIVERPOOL for £75. Has anyone else come across this company before and what should he do?
    As it was dark he did not see the parking warning notice in Blockbuster window!!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gpjayne wrote: »
    My son parked in Blockbuster video carpark Barnsley at 01.15hrs for 6 mins to pick his friends up from a night out. 7 days later he received a parking fine from CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIVERPOOL for £75. Has anyone else come across this company before and what should he do?

Ignore it and ignore all the increasingly hysterical demands/threats that follow. The chances of them following through on them are miniscule.

This is private property, so it is not a fine - its an unenforcable invoice.

See the many other threads on private car parks in this forum.
  • gpjayne
    gpjayne Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much for your mind easing advice. :T
  • oscardibahia
    Options
    Hello there. Anyone had this one? Parked and overstayed in Brent on a very rainy day. No ticket on windscreen when I returned to the car but I knew I was late. Several weeks later I receive PCN through the post with an increased amount to pay. I ring and ask whether I can appeal on this basis. They send photos with ticket on car (although I KNOW it wasn't there when I got back). I write to the council appealing the PCN but it seems my letter was not received within the 28 day period. I now have a letter telling me there is no reason not to impose the PCN and that I am too late to appeal. I must pay within 14 days or deebt will be registered. Worth a punt or give it up?

Sus
  • l_carslaw
    l_carslaw Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to warn people that I lost an appeal I made to Watford council for parking on a single yellow line on a Bank holiday Monday, genuinely believing that it was classed as a Sunday (the signs restrictions was for Mon-Sat).
    They wouldn't accept my mistake so I paid up.
    I'm gutted because I'm always so careful to avoid getting these annoying PCNs.
    I would rather someone blatantly con me out of my money than pay PCNs!!
  • jonojones78
    jonojones78 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2009 at 7:46PM
    Options
    Help!

We received a parking fine on a private shopping centre car park. We HAD paid the 50p for the ticket (the ticket you get to dispay after paying not the 'Parking Ticket') but it had slipped down the back of the dash after we left the car.

They have asked for £60 and £100 if we don't pay in the week.

I emailed a scan of the 50p ticket and they aknowledged that we had paid but we were in breach of the terms of parking there - that we were responcible for the ticket being clearly visible at all times. It was when we left the car.

It is one of those tickets that balances on your dash board without any sticky bit!

They refused our appeal and still want the money. I can't believe it! All they would have lost out on was 50p! But we paid that!

What can we do?

Jonathan
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing. By which I mean do nothing at all. Its just another PPC scam ticket. have a read of a few of the PPC threads on here - there are plenty to choose from..
  • Karlew
    Karlew Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help with this? I have a strange problem with a parking ticket. I cannot deny that I failed to read the parking regulations properly today when visiting Staples. I assumed that having shopped in this store I would be immune to parking tickets. I found out now I wasn't.

I parked in what I know now to be land owned by a private company. I went into the store attached to the car park, brought a whole £3 worth of goods and put them in the car. Since I had made my purchase I thought I would be able to have use of the car park. Since it was a nice day I decided to walk around the corner to b&q and get some curtain wire (last of the big spenders!). On my return I had a parking ticket for leaving the car park area. I was gone around 1/2 hour if that. I had no option to pay for a ticket in there in the first place so I went into Staples and asked them if there was anything they could do. They said it had nothing to do with them and it was a private car park. It seems that most parking tickets are because of loss of revenue but because there is no initial charge I wonder why they are charging me?

I notice this site suggests not paying but I am aware I did not 'COMPLY'with their rules.

I'd like to know others thoughts on this. I'm painfully honest and find it very difficult to not admit it was my fault! But I think this was a harsh punishment for a few mins walk in the sun.

Thank you!

Karlew
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family