DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 5)

Options

Comments

• debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    I only get statements from Barclaycard, HFC & MBNA each month and TSB once a year, nothing from Capital One
  • St0lli
    St0lli Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    2Spicy.... I've sent you a PM.
    Light Bulb Moment 4th January 2009 :eek:
    Started DMP 1st April 2009 :A
    DMP mutual support thread member: 267 :j
  • MRSG2B_2
    MRSG2B_2 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

Yesterday I sent off my DMP agreement to CCCS, and I posted my letters to my creditors at the same time telling them of my situation - will the CCCS be able to start my plan as of April? Bit concerned reading some of this forum as if it doesn't start I'll be left in more bother with my creditors as changed bank accounts and cancelled my existing direct debits as advised!

Also, has anyone experienced any problems with creditors after sending these letters? I want to be prepared for the backlash if there is likely to be any! I'm so stressed thinking about it all at the moment, even though I know I've taken the first step to sorting out my situation.

Any advice/ experiences gratefully received x
    :j Only 5 years until I'm debt free! :j
    DMP start date: 1st April 2009

DMP mutual support thread member no.304
  • WorriedofSurrey
    Options
    Hi

I am a new member, but been lurking a while. I have looked at a DMP via the cccs website and am thinking of going down this route.

Please can you offer any advice on anything I would need to do before I enter into a DMP? I know I need to open a basic bank account somewhere as I have an overdraft I would like to be included in the DMP.

Thanks for any help.

WoS
    LBM 5 March 09
    Starting DMP with CCCS 1st June 09
    DMP No 286:j
  • 2spicy
    2spicy Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    St0lli wrote: »
    2Spicy.... I've sent you a PM.

Replied :)
    LBM - Oct - 08 DMP Started - Feb -09
    Total Debt - £77,688 .00
    DMP Support Member - 259

• Lovella
    Lovella Posts: 90 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop in and say hello, and also to let you know that this week I've reached the significant milestone (to me at least) of having my remaining debts less than 5 figures if that makes sense?! I'm down to £9,500 from nearly £40,000 so I'm feeling quite pleased. I'm also getting impatient for it to be zero. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I want to run towards it (ooh I'm feeling very poetic today!). So anyway, that's me - I hope everyone is OK and is hanging in there. :)
    LBM Nov 06 -Highest debt £37,000
    Current debt - ZERO, NADA, ZILCH:j
    DMP Support Member #152
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Kudox
    Kudox Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    St0lli wrote: »
    Hiya... I'm able to view a few of my creditors online and I can see the £1 has been taken off those accounts. For the others I've just assumed they have actioned it as all the letters went on the same day by recorded post.

I've not received any statements this month though which I find very odd. Does anyone know if this is the norm?:confused:
    I only get statements once in a blue moon from most of mine which is a bit annoying really because you can't track whether the interest has stopped etc. I posted on here in the past about this and someone said they get a credit report every so often to check the balances but that seems like a faff to me but I haven't come up with the answer yet.
    I know on payplan they have the justabank site where you can check but I'm not aware of anything like that with cccs.
    Do others have any ideas about this?
    I've not had anything from Cap One, Egg or Mint for months.
    OH got a result from RBS CC they accepted his reduced offer and stopped interst for 6 months, so very chuffed with that.
    It's interesting really cos people always say creditors are more likely to accept reduced payments if you go through one of the debt charities but RBS CC continued to charge me interst (and may still be) for a while after my DMP started with CCCS but they accepted OH's offer and stopped interest right away.:confused:
    Anyway hope everyones doing ok, welcome newbies, keep strong :beer:
    DMP Support Thread Member 238 :D
    DMP started October 2008
  • Lovella
    Lovella Posts: 90 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

I am a new member, but been lurking a while. I have looked at a DMP via the cccs website and am thinking of going down this route.

Please can you offer any advice on anything I would need to do before I enter into a DMP? I know I need to open a basic bank account somewhere as I have an overdraft I would like to be included in the DMP.

Thanks for any help.

WoS

Open a basic bank account with an organisation that you don't owe money to (sounds obvious - but many banks are linked). CCCS should be able to give you a list of banks that offer basic accounts and will also be able to advise which would be the best for you. Good luck with it - it should make life less stressful.
    LBM Nov 06 -Highest debt £37,000
    Current debt - ZERO, NADA, ZILCH:j
    DMP Support Member #152
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Kudox
    Options
    MRSG2B wrote: »
    Hi guys

Yesterday I sent off my DMP agreement to CCCS, and I posted my letters to my creditors at the same time telling them of my situation - will the CCCS be able to start my plan as of April? Bit concerned reading some of this forum as if it doesn't start I'll be left in more bother with my creditors as changed bank accounts and cancelled my existing direct debits as advised!

Also, has anyone experienced any problems with creditors after sending these letters? I want to be prepared for the backlash if there is likely to be any! I'm so stressed thinking about it all at the moment, even though I know I've taken the first step to sorting out my situation.

Any advice/ experiences gratefully received x
    Hi, you may start to get calls soon but you have to be strong and firm, just give them you cccs ref number,and don't be bullied into making payments over the phone or agreeing to pay more which they will try to make you do.
    Remember they cant have what you haven't got.
    Nothings going to happen if your DMP isn't set up in time for April, at least this will give you time to stash some cash away for emergencies.
    If you can't face answering the phone turn the ringer off and ignore it I did this for months(before my DMP was et up) before I felt strong enpough to deal with it.
    Remember you have made steps in the right direction and things will get better, if not right away then in a month or two when things settle down.
    Good Luck.
    DMP started October 2008
  • Kudox
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for any help.

WoS
    Make sure your new account is not linked to any of your creditors, mine is with the coop.
    Before your DMP actually starts you need to cancel any DD's that pay your creditors but CCCS will advise you of all this before anything happens.
    Open your new account as soon as poss, as once thats sorted thats one less thing to think about.
    DMP started October 2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills