Boiler Replacement Advice Pls Again!!

Options
,hi
I cant get the warm front grant, so i will be looking for a corgi guy to replace my boiler.

Where do i start do look??, Im in Slough, berks, if anyone knows one.

Do i have to use a Corgi guy, as i do have a builder who can do the job.

What is should i expect in the qoute.

Thanks in advance for any help

PS MERRY XMAS TO ALL

Comments

• Tallymanjohn
    Options
    Yes, you must use a CORGI registered fitter, primarily for safety, but also because you won't be able to get it signed off without a CORGI number and that will cause problems should you sell the house. Plus a builder with no CORGI membership is severely breaking the law if he does anything with gas. We had ours changed a couple of years ago and it cost £1700 for the boiler, upgraded pipework, new timer/thermostat and new copper cylinder - this is a large boiler for a 5-bed house.

Find three CORGI registered companies in yellow pages & get quotes.
  • jcorbygas
    Options
    I think you will find you have to wait for the 'approved' installers to contact you. I dont think you have a choice as to who you use, which we think is not a good idea, as your normal local engineer would normally do the installation at a smaller price than the 'approved' firms do, so costing the Government and us less in the end.
    In the Essex area, we know of a lady of 82 who has been approved for Warm Front grant, as her boiler is beyond repair, and she has had no hot water or heating since July, and she is still waiting for her new system to be fitted!!

Ignore all the above - my eyes must be bad, as I have just seen that you 'cant' get a Warm Front grant. But yes, you must do as previous poster says, and get quotes from at least 2 CORGI engineers (Soon to be called GAS SAFE)
  • v.rajput
    v.rajput Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks my freind
  • v.rajput
    v.rajput Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thank you JC, but i went down the warm front way, but im not entitled: still like you say its been over a month since they were supposed to contact me by....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure