🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Car Insurance joke - Policies4Less

Options
Actually it is no joke. Signed up to this company last month when my renewal was due after appearing on the "best buy" tables.

My car woudn't start yesterday but rang the RAC on their special policies 4 less contact no safe in the knowledge that I had paid the extra premium for all breakdown facilities. RAC turned round and said that this company has not even set up a contract with them and being Saturday evening I have no way of contacting the insurers unil Monday at the earliest. Sounds like I will be making a claim though the financial services ombudsman.

WARNING: steer clear of this company until I have ascertained whether they are capable to be in business. :mad:

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Hi there

Policies4less is a trading name for Highway Insurance. Try phoning RAC and saying "Highway Insurance" rather than "Policies4Less". Alternatively, you could try ringing their claims line; 0871 221 5246.

I do not work for Highway or any of their associated companies, but I did manage to find this much information out in approximately 20 seconds by looking at the Policies4Less website.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • IT_nerd
    IT_nerd Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    I too am having problems with this company. They sold me add ons that I wasn't eligible for. And then claimed it said that I wasn't eligible for them.
    Which it did not. anywhere on the site.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1344897
    Savings
    £14,200 with £1100 M.I.A. presumed dead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport