We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bathroom floor?

Options
13»

Comments

• Sirbendy
    Sirbendy Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The property we're renting now had carpet in the B'room..HAD. We went for the initial look round, the carpet was in the garden. Bare floorboards, apart from the strip around the loo basin. Really bad smell of wee, plus a slight damp patch on the kitchen ceiling under the loo.

Landlord put down some temporary (horrible) lino..plank effect, staplegunned to the boards.

3 months later he came back and had the bathroom redone properly..tiled walls floor to ceiling, shower installed, "click" tile effect laminate flooring installed. Very nice. Warm, grippy, waterproof and easy clean (I mop it weekly). Everything is siliconed to seal it.
  • dirtyflannel
    Options
    Wilkinsons has vinyl peel & stick down floor tiles that come in pack of six for £1.99 size 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm ) coverage 6 sq.ft approx per pack that would tide you over for a while till you are able to sort room out as you really want it . i think they have about 4-5 types to choose from hope thats of some use to you .good luck with the house move.
    i agree this is by far the cheaper alternative dont just stick em to whatevers underneath the carpet though get a big sheet of hardboard and stick them to that its a bit fiddly but easy to remove later and looks clean mine was temporary nearly 3 years ago and looks like new still
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport