Worcester 280 RSF

Options
Hello everyone I am new to this forum.
My worcester 280 RSF boiler has sprung a leak B. Gas Service engineer diagnosed a cracked Heat Exchanger but said he only serviced boilers and not did not do repairs so he passed the information on to another engineer who came and he diagnosed a leaking stop !!!! which he sealed with a sealing compound until he could get a new stopcock.
He came back two days later to fit the stopcock and decided that the sealing compound had fixed the leak on the stopcock but the boiler was still leaking so he had a look around it and decided that it was the Backplate. He said this was a common fault on the 280 as the plate rotted and the connections were push fit and therefore could not be repaired. Therefore I would need a new boiler. I wonder if anyone has had a boiler with this problem. I cannot see how he could see the backplate as he only removed the front panel not the side panels or why the first guy could decide that it was the heat exchanger.
He put Leakseal in the boiler and this seems to have cured it but I do not think this wiil last long. Any Comments would be appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport