frost & pipe stat settings? what should they be

Options
I have a new warmflow external oil boiler which has a honeywell frost & pipe stat fitted, what settings should they be on? my heating is randomly & regularly coming on even when it is not that cold outside.

Comments

• welda
    welda Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    My gch boiler is situated in outside where my old oil burner used to be, I have same protection as you have, I never touch the pipe stat, only adjust the frost stat, at the moment it is set at 0 degree, we are usualy away over xmas new year, not this year tho :( when away over the latter two mentioned, I up the stat to 5 degree, I'd rather burn a few therms than return to find chaos!! What you must remember, if your system kicks in via frost stat, it will only burn for a short period of time to protect the pipe system, then go out.

Turn frost stat to zero and see how it goes?

W.
  • Jackih
    Options
    Thanks but it is not cutting out heating is staying on long enough to heat all the rads & frost stat only goes down to 5. this is driving me mad
  • Canucklehead
    Options
    Jackih wrote: »
    Thanks but it is not cutting out heating is staying on long enough to heat all the rads & frost stat only goes down to 5. this is driving me mad

Good afternoon: Have you contacted the OFTEC installer for advice/assistance? He/she should be your first point of contact....alternatively, contact Warmflow
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure