Combi Boiler Help Please?!

Options
Hi

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated!

My Combi Boiler pressure dropped last week and we had to put the pressure back up so that the hot water and heating kicked in. Apparently the pressure reading should be between 1 and 2.

Since then the boiler pressure seems to go up on it's own when no hot water or heating is on and is going up to 3.

There are no leaks anywhere but water is dripping from the overflow pipe outside (quite a bit). I have tried releasing the pressure using the valve on the boiler which chucks all the water out. The pressure then goes back to normal for a couple of hours and the dripping stops but then goes up again and i start the whole process over again!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?!

Comments

• mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only way I can think of that happening is if you have the top up towns water supply connected to the boiler and the valve is passing, raising the radiator water pressure. Try disconnecting that pipe from the system. Shouldn't really be left connected anyway - water board regs, mine is but I have a double non return valve.
  • HelzBelz
    HelzBelz Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    check that when you topped up the pressure originally that you turned the tap off fully, the one on our combi boiler is really stiff when it's nearly off
  • becs1902
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - have tried to tun off the tap some more so am waiting to see what happens!! Thanks again! :-)
  • thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    It could be the diaphragm in the pressure vessel faulty. or the pressure vessel needs to be emptied and re-pressurised. A job for a heating engineer. Let us know how you get on.

G.
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • becs1902
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Just needed a bit of muscle to turn the valve off a bit more...! Problem solved! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure