Boiler Service Cost

Options
How much do people pay to get a yearly boiler service done by a Corgi Registered plumber?

Does £103 sound reasonable?

Never had to get one done before, so don't want to get ripped off!
Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)

Comments

• linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was £52 inc VAT and he wasn't the cheapest! Worcester Bosh combi boiler. Ring round and ask a few other CORGI plumbers in your area. Sounds rather a lot to me.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well it's only 20 months old. It has a 2 year warranty, so we planned to get it's first service when it was two years old, then service it on a yearly basis.

It's now partially died (heating, but no hot water), and although the boiler company will fix it under the warranty, they'll only do it if I pay to have it serviced first, which they want £103 for! I told them I'd phone round and get a few quotes, but I'm struggling to find a CORGI plumber in my area.

Will keep trying!

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • jcorbygas
    Options
    In Essex we charge £50 + vat for a boiler or £65 + vat for a back boiler/fire service ( and some posters on this site would think this too much!!)
    This also gives our customers the knowledge that once they are on our service list, if they have problems during the year we will come out to them as soon as possible.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well it seems as it already has a fault, I'm going to have to go with the boiler company's own service of £103, because otherwise I'll have to pay for the part and the extra call out charge first!

I don't think the fault is too serious, but it would be more expensive to pay the call out charge as well as the service charge than go with the Vaillant charge plus free repair!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure