🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Egg credit card charged twice

Options
Hello everyone i noticed that our credit card (Egg) was charged twice for the hire car we had on holiday, once in the uk and then again in france, each time just over £200, have only just noticed as the egg statements are online and i don't check them very often. I have filled out the form on hertz website, can't find a head office phone number, although my otherhalf would probably need to call as it was all in his name and hes not very good on the phone, can't call the rental office in france as we don't speak french. Should we notify egg too? couldn't see anywhere on the egg website to inform them. I hope we can still get our money back even though it happened end of august.

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    macods wrote: »
    Should we notify egg too?
    According to your T&C's, the FAQ on their website, and your monthly e-mail statement reminder, you should notify them within 60 days. Hopefully they'll be lenient.

Could I respectfully suggest it would be a good idea to keep a closer eye on your finances from now on?

Good luck.
  • cos_2
    cos_2 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd definitely call up Egg and ask about these transactions as you're clearly not happy with them. If the transactions don't seem right then you must check them.

Best wishes.
  • vet8
    vet8 Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    According to your T&C's, the FAQ on their website, and your monthly e-mail statement reminder, you should notify them within 60 days. Hopefully they'll be lenient.

Could I respectfully suggest it would be a good idea to keep a closer eye on your finances from now on?

Good luck.

I find this interesting.

I discovered fraudulent use on my Egg card on my recent transactions, but I was unable to read the previous statements as it kept saying "Your statement is unavailable". I notified Egg immediately and they gave me a new card etc., but I still cannot read my statements to check if there is any other fraudulent use. I have now telephoned twice, emailed 11 times and written a formal letter, but what worries me is that it is now 44 days since I first discovered the fraud and even though I have told and told them I still cannot check the previous statements to see if there was any fraud on them. :eek: They said that they are sending me written copies in the post, but I requested them 24 days ago and I am STILL waiting.

If this 60 day rule is enforced I could be in the ****.

I hope that as I notified them only 2 days after I first noticed the fraud I was able to see, that it will be O.K. otherwise I will kick up a right stink.

This whole thing has turned me right off Egg, they seem to be making no attempt to sort out this problem. They keep fobbing me off with further excuses, each one more ridiculous than the last.:mad:
  • cookie2057
    Options
    I can't log into egg today, luckily i had made a note of the amounts. Hertz have said that the first charge of 217.17 was to hire the car and the second charge of £228.64 was for the supercover insurance, otherhalf was given a form to sign in france and didn't read what it was, the staff didn't speak english so he signed it not realising he was signing up for the insurance, so to hire a car for a 2 week holiday we have paid £445.81 what a total rip off. The insurance cost more than the hire cost. He said the man in the office gave him the forms and said sign here, didn't ask if he wanted such and such insurance. Think if i had gone in the office i would have read through the forms, but had to wait outside with the kids and suit cases. Hes writing a letter to hertz head office but i doubt we will get anywhere as he signed the forms without reading them.
  • cookie2057
    Options
    Oh yeah i sent a message to egg a few days ago about the transactions and have still not heard anything back, so slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport