BHS email address needed

Options
This isn't a vent but I'm not sure which forum to put it on.

I went to my nearest BHS yesterday (and as I live in rural-ish N.Wales that is a journey of 60 miles, which I don't make very often) and one of the items I bought was a pair of slippers as a Christmas present. These were soft slippers attached to a cardboard hanger with those plastic things you have to cut off when you get home (sorry, can't think what they're called).

So, I discovered today that instead of being a pair there are two right feet!

Obviously, I can't make a 120 mile round trip just to take a pair of slippers back and I'd like to e-mail them but can't find an e-mail addy. Anyone know of one?

I think there is a thread on here somewhere with a list of e-mail addresses for some stores, but I've searched and not come up with anything.

Comments

• TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    d.edna wrote: »
    You really expecting them to courier a new pair of slippers to you?

No.........
  • TomsMom
    Options
    Not sure at the moment, that's why I want to get in touch with them.

What outcome would you expect if it was you?
  • TomsMom
    Options
    An apology wont make them wearable and I don't want to make a profit, so I expect I would be happy for them to refund the money, unless they can send me a replacement through the post and send me a label to return them. If I lived closer there wouldn't be a problem but I'm sure they wouldn't expect me to do a 120 mile round trip to rectify their mistake.
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience emails aren't the best way to deal with this type of query. Just had a quick look on the say no website and there is an ordinary geographical number for head office, who should advise you. As they sell online I can see no reason why they can't send you the slipper!

Sorry the number isn't linking, but it's easy to find!
  • **MissL2**
    Options
    Have you tried contacting the store you bought them from? They may be able to send you the left foot :)
    Free of NEXT Hooray!!!
  • TomsMom
    Options
    andyrules wrote: »
    In my experience emails aren't the best way to deal with this type of query. Just had a quick look on the say no website and there is an ordinary geographical number for head office, who should advise you. As they sell online I can see no reason why they can't send you the slipper!

Thanks Andy. That might be better, and quicker. Will give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can offer a solution.
  • TomsMom
    Options
    **MissL2** wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the store you bought them from? They may be able to send you the left foot :)

:rotfl: That made me imagine a pink left footed slipper lonely and abandoned on the rack!

No, there wont be a lonely left foot as they were attached to the cardboard hanger by those plastic things (:confused: ) they shoot through items with those gun things (you can see I'm very good with descriptions :rolleyes: ), so they can't get unattached. Does that make sense :rotfl:

I'll do as Andy says and ring the Head Office first to see what they suggest.
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    TomsMom wrote: »
    :rotfl: That made me imagine a pink left footed slipper lonely and abandoned on the rack!

No, there wont be a lonely left foot as they were attached to the cardboard hanger by those plastic things (:confused: ) they shoot through items with those gun things (you can see I'm very good with descriptions :rolleyes: ), so they can't get unattached. Does that make sense :rotfl:

I'll do as Andy says and ring the Head Office first to see what they suggest.

Maybe someone with 2 left feet managed the switch:D:D
  • TomsMom
    Options
    andyrules wrote: »
    Maybe someone with 2 left feet managed the switch:D:D

Yeah, probably someone who doesn't dance so good :rotfl:
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options