Can I still take out an ISA for this year?

Options
My husband and I had ISAs with the Halifax, but have just converted them to their Fixed Rate ISA. Before this my husband topped up his ISA with this year's allowance, but I didn't, because I also have another high interest savings account with the Halifax and didn't want to go over £50,000.

As I haven't used my allowance this year can I take out a cash ISA with someone else?

Thanks

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Daisey wrote: »
    As I haven't used my allowance this year can I take out a cash ISA with someone else?
    Of course you can - you can open a new Cash ISA with a different provider every tax year if you wish (becomes a bit of a logistical nightmare after a few years, though).
  • Daisey
    Daisey Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    But have I in theory taken out a new ISA this year with the Halifax fixed rate one, even though I only transferred in previous years money?
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Daisey wrote: »
    But have I in theory taken out a new ISA this year with the Halifax fixed rate one, even though I only transferred in previous years money?
    No, you have transferred previous tax years' Cash ISA funds.

'Opening' a new Cash ISA involves subscribing new money, which you haven't done.
  • Daisey
    Daisey Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Baldur

I thought that was the case, but just wanted to make sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure