How safe is my money in an ISA?

Options
I have a bit of money in a barclays account, which i wouldn't mind moving to an ISA held by ING Direct. However, i'm worried about ING collapsing, and me losing this cash. I have it in my head that my money's safer with Barclays in the current climate!? If ING were to go under, would i have lost my money? How likely is this to happen? questions questions........

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    djtuk wrote: »
    I have a bit of money in a barclays account, which i wouldn't mind moving to an ISA held by ING Direct. However, i'm worried about ING collapsing, and me losing this cash. I have it in my head that my money's safer with Barclays in the current climate!? If ING were to go under, would i have lost my money? How likely is this to happen? questions questions........
    Barclays are covered for deposits of up to £50,000 per depositor by the FSCS

ING are covered for up to €100,000 per depositor by the Dutch compensation scheme - the process of claiming from the Dutch scheme may be somewhat more involved than claiming from the FSCS.
  • djtuk
    Options
    Baldur wrote: »
    Barclays are covered for deposits of up to £50,000 per depositor by the FSCS

ING are covered for up to €100,000 per depositor by the Dutch compensation scheme - the process of claiming from the Dutch scheme may be somewhat more involved than claiming from the FSCS.

ok, thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport