postage to the USA

Options
2»

Comments

• jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Airsure costs £4.00 on top of the normal Airmail price for your item.

saying that it doesnt make any difference whwen the buyer if paying the postage

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • superscotsman
    Options
    bleugh wrote:
    BE CAREFUL,

about 60% of the items i post to the USA without a tracking number go 'missing'

I've never had one go missing. Have you tried writing the address on the front of the envelope?
    Small change can often be found under seat cushions.
    Robert A Heinlein
  • nightswimmer
    nightswimmer Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    I've never had one go missing. Have you tried writing the address on the front of the envelope?

I'm the same, never had anything to the US go missing (touch wood :doh: ). I was quite shocked to see how much you have had go missing bleugh. :(
  • superscotsman
    Options
    To tell the truth, I've only ever had one overseas package go astray, and that was one to South Africa back in 1998. If Nightswimmer and I don't have any problems, then the US Mail is monster clean.

If bleugh has had 0.6x packages go missing, either he is doing something wrong or there's someone at Bleugh's local Royal Mail on the take.
    Robert A Heinlein
  • bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    posted 15 parcels to the USA last year, I had paypal chargebacks on 6 of them, and another two wanted replacements for non arrival

they were low value items <10 quid or so, just wasnt worth putting signed for on them

strangely, since i've started insisting that airsure delivery is used, regardless of value, OR they send cash, NOT paypal, i've not had one go missing

simple really, paypal+yank+no insurance = missing item

interestingly i've never had a parcel not turn up in the UK / europe, and thats over 800 now, yes, some have gone missing for months, but they've always turned up
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    I've sent 3 packages overseas since joining eBay (2 to USA, 1 to Australia) and they all arrived safely and got me +ve fedback, but one item I bought from the USA was stolen (I received an empty envelope). I've had 2 UK parcels I've sent go astray, and 1 arrived damaged.
  • nightswimmer
    nightswimmer Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    bleugh wrote:
    posted 15 parcels to the USA last year, I had paypal chargebacks on 6 of them, and another two wanted replacements for non arrival

Yowch. :( That sucks bleugh.

I guess over the past 5 or 6 years I have sent on average 2 or 3 parcels per month to America, for personal stuff. And then this past year, on top of that I've been sending an extra 3 or 4 things per month for eBay stuff. And so far ( :doh: ), nothing has gone missing.
  • superscotsman
    Options
    I not only send ebay packages abroad but I run a business that I have been running since 1994. The amount of overseas packages I have sent since then must run into 5 figures, and only one went astray.

6 out of 15. I don't know what to say...
    Robert A Heinlein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport