PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Moneywasting

Options
124»

Comments

• rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oooh this flylady site looks good.....thanks

the 'housework routine' thread on the marriage & families board has a whole thread about that kind of thing.

be warned you get loads of emails, but i have found it really helpful in getting my place up to scratch (& staying there) with the minimum of effort!!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
     I also use more of the empty bottles to take small amounts of showergel etc to my in-laws when we go to stay to save buying full size versions to leave there and them getting used by my in-laws.  ::)

my friends and i have an agreement that we never bring stuff like toothpaste & shower gel etc to one anopthers houses, we just borrow each others - works well in the end, and saves on packing. never take towels either!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive saved up all my free sample sachets for travelling, and when i go away i take things that are nearly run out, and an oldish toothbrush, so i can bin the lot before i return.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Bumping for newer members ....

(Mothers Day may yield yet more toiletries and there is a fabulous tip by nearlyrich in post #9 that may come in useful ) :):):)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I alone in that I HATE shoe shopping, I have one pair of trainers, one pair of boots and some old summer shoes I use as slippers, the boots were given to me - a perfect fit - unlike when I go to buy them! :'(

I also cannot be bothered going shoe shopping. I tend to do well picking up new pairs at charity shops car boot sales, which is fortunate otherwise I would wear one pair until it wore out. I do seem to have lots of pairs of good quality (and nice) shoes, but rarely pay more than a couple of pounds.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure