PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Moneywasting

Options

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes i allergic too, but what a lovely thing for them. :)
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
     Doesn't need anymore shoes either  ;D

Catznine ,
    you must always remember that a girl can NEVER have too many shoes . ;);)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afew months ago I started having a sort out and came across things like baby lotions,nappy creams,box of baby rice, moisturisers, lipsticks all new,never used. Anyway i put all these things i was finding in a baby toiletry box i'd had since i was pregnant with eldest one and no longer used.
    I then gave this box full of goodies to hubbys cousin who had just had a baby - she was thrilled with it and it hadn't cost me anything - just made up with stuff round the house that was just lying there.
    8)
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you have shampoo, body lotion, talc etc that you don't want/need try the local geriatric ward where some of the old ladies come in with nothing and have no family to bring in little treats. I found out when my elderly aunt died earlier this year that the staff are really gratefull for this kind of thing.
    Great idea, i think i will take a few things down to the stroke ward at the local hospital.
    Also asked my mum what she wants and all she wants is smellies so thats easy, what with the boots points offers i used earlier in the year...
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i've got loads of points on my card, always forget to use them
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

you must always remember that a girl can NEVER have too many shoes .  ;)  ;)

Every woman I know is missing the vital one pair of shoes she need. A PAIR SHE CAN WALK IN :-/
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Am I alone in that I HATE shoe shopping, I have one pair of trainers, one pair of boots and some old summer shoes I use as slippers, the boots were given to me - a perfect fit - unlike when I go to buy them! :'(
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Awww! I've come over all unnecessary with everyone about to donate their unwanted stuff to the old ladies.... well done everyone.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In fact I think I will take my kids with me when I take the stuff to the hospital, you can tell them its good to think of others but actually DOING it will be much more memorable.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Options
    If you have shampoo, body lotion, talc etc that you don't want/need try the local geriatric ward where some of the old ladies come in with nothing and have no family to bring in little treats. I found out when my elderly aunt died earlier this year that the staff are really gratefull for this kind of thing.

I've never thought of that before. What a nice gesture.

I would imagine it might be the same on the mens wards too?

Do they need clothes too do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport