I have virgin tv and phone ... need bb through them too?

Options
Hi all

I have Virgin TV and phone and I would like to get broadband too. I'm confused as to how the different broadband suppliers work. I know that broadband has already been in my house before I moved in and there is still a cable for it so obviously it would be easiest to go for Virgin again.

But is it possible to look at other suppliers through the cable I have or would I need to get a bt line for talk talk/o2 etc? Are there any other suppliers I could go for without getting a phone line?

It would be good to have another cheap service to compare virgin to when trying to negotiate a price with them!!

Thanks

Comments

• MollyCoddle_2
    Options
    bairn7 wrote: »
    Hi all

I know that broadband has already been in my house before I moved in and there is still a cable for it so obviously it would be easiest to go for Virgin again.

I fell foul of this in my earlier post. Cable is true braodband, do you mean co-axial cable, as this is Cable.

If you mean cable as in twisted pair dropwire - then this is ADSL.

Both are supplied by Virgin.

If you want ADSL - DO NOT GO FOR VIRGIN, unless you get divine protection against any problems. Virgin do not understand ADSL, perhaps I should say, do not care about problems you get with their ADSL.

MC
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    The only people that in fact offer Broadband without a phone line are Virgin Media.

To get Broadband from a supplier other then Virgin Media you would need a Non Virgin Media phone line.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    for just general surfing i would get a payg dongle/usb modem, same price for no contract
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • itsnever2lateisit?
    Options
    If you already have virgin media via cable why not take BB through them, ditch the phone and use VOIP?

Save you £££'s
    [strike]Debt @ LBM 04/07 £14,804[/strike]01/08 [strike]£10,472[/strike]now debt free:j

Target: Stay debt free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport