Ear Piercing

Options
Thinking of getting my daughter's ears pierced - any idea of the going rate for this? Is it dearer to have both ears pierced at the same time, i.e. two guns being fired at same time!!!!

Comments

• michelle36_2
    Options
    We paid £22 for our daughter who is 7 to have her ears done in Claires last week. Yes they did do the two ears at the same time - a girl on either side of her and no she did not cry!!! they even gave her a lolipop when they had finished. Hope this helps.
  • Inverurie_Quine
    Options
    Thanks Michelle36 for that info!

Did they have a big choice of ear rings?
  • madbat
    madbat Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    i paid £7 for 2ears in halty last month
    insert extremly witty and clever name here and thats me!!!
  • Inverurie_Quine
    Options
    Thats a fair difference. P.s. Where is Halty?
  • michelle36_2
    Options
    Yes they had a not bad selection - plain 9ct gold studs, plain 24ct gold plated studs and plenty of different coloured studs - like birth stone colours. I maybe paid a bit more because I wanted an extra set of 9ct gold backs.
  • purplegirluk1
    Options
    I would rather have mine done in a hairdressers to be honest. I am sure that many local hairdressers still do this in your local area, they do in mine. This wouls probably mean having one done at a time as they will probably only have one gun but it isn't to bad.

I would not personally go to Claires as they do it in the shop which could be full with customers, my local Claires is very small and they do it in the front widow whilst people are trying to look at things on the wallr right next to them. I would also be worried as every member of staff is trained to do it so you could get a young inexperienced person who is nervous. At least in the hair dressers you will probably get someone who owns the shop doing it (this has been my experience anyway but you can ask around) It would also be less busy etc.

I would noy suggest going to a tattoo and peircing shop as they will use a needle which may out your daughter right off :eek:

I hope this has been of some help ;)
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my six year old nieces done a few weeks before Christmas. Cost me £17 for both ears and the aftercare stuff. Just please make sure they don't use the piercing gun. Do a quick google/yahoo search to see why.

I took her to a professional piercer (who I knew had a good reputation, having seen quite a few piercings he had previously done on my friends as well as my own). I can't remember the exact name of the piercing tool he used for her ears but It was over in two seconds and she didn't flinch. They healed really well, took her back four weeks later for a check up and he changed them for her.

They only offer titanium studs to start with (very pretty though, little pink stones in them, she was chuffed) because the piercings heals better with titanium.

Hope that helps.

Rev
    Sigless
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PS. Tattoo and piercing shops don't use a needle on kids.
    Sigless
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    i had two earrings done with a gun in camden market (yes it was clean, as clean as my claire's piercings) for 5pounds. just make sure whenever you go has a gun and the earrings come in the sealed packets that dont get opened until you're actually getting pierced. anywhere decent wont mind showing you these things to prove its clean.
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • denise38
    denise38 Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would never ever use Claires . I had both my girls done there and it was an absolute disaster. The earrings they use do not come out very easily. In fact on my second daughter hubby had to use a pair of pliers to get the bl**dy things out. They never mentioned at the time to come back and get them to take them out. Apparently they are prone to not coming out. How they expect to get them out when we couldn't. Girls are not about to let a complete stranger pull at their earrings.It was bad enough for us they were hysterical
    I was absolutely furious. Had one of them got their earrings caught at school it would have ripped their ear open. The earring and the butterfly would not have parted company.The ear lobe would have parted first.
    I didn't get a lot of joy from them either would not accept that the butterfly would not have come off if caught in clothing.
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure