Nursing chairs

Looking for advice on buying a nursing chair for my pregnant missus ... she has been looking at the ones sold in Mamas & Papas which seem ridiculously expensive (Dutailier) ... I've been looking online and have come across similar options from eg Hauck, Tutti Bambini or Cosatto which are all less than £200 and look almost identical ... does anyone have any advice on having purchased one of these other models etc & if so where from? Cheers Mark

Comments

• Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    go for the ikea poang chair. it works brill for me when im nursing
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • donna-j_2
    donna-j_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    I bought my Hauck reclining chair + footstool on ebay for just over £100. I love it.
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Depends on why she wants one, is it because she thinks she needs one for feeding or is it to be part of the nursery furniture?
    If it's the former then you don't need a nursing chair at all IMHO ; go for one of the big V shaped pillows as they do the job perfectly, are very versatile & much more portable & can be transfered between nursery, bed, sofa, car, mums house, hospital etc etc just as easily as babe can. My son is almost 5 months old now & I've found my borrowed one of these pillows invaluable, if you can't borrow one then they only cost around £10 & are readly available from mothercare etc. Get a few of the pillow cases though;):p
    If it's because your partner wants a comfy chair as part of the nursery then it's really down to personal choice, doesn't need to be a nursing chair at all & can cost as much or as little as you want.

HTH
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They recently had some massage chairs and footstool in comet, reduced to £59. Go look in the grabbit board for more details, it was posted just after xmas so you never know you might get lucky somewhere.

I wanted a nursery chair, but a V pillow did the job in bed just as good, and i had to buy one for comfort while pregnant, i think i got it from netto for about £5
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • donna-j_2
    I honestly think my chair is invaluable. I feed him in the nursery during the night, and can rock him back to sleep. We also 'play' on the chair, cuddle etc. I love it.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    They recently had some massage chairs and footstool in comet, reduced to £59. Go look in the grabbit board for more details, it was posted just after xmas so you never know you might get lucky somewhere.

I wanted a nursery chair, but a V pillow did the job in bed just as good, and i had to buy one for comfort while pregnant, i think i got it from netto for about £5

I just used a V pillow when feeding my two and it worked fine.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fed two of my three for a year each, never had a special chair as I found my armchair was perfect with a pillow behind me, but whatever floats your boat if money is no object why not indulge yourself..... but don't feel deprived if you don't have one for goodness sake.....
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • You do have to be aware that especially in the early days when positioning is vital the nursing chairs are not ideal as they are not upright. The best one I have seen to get the right position is one in Mothercare, its a new ergonomic (expensive) one.

V cushions may or may not be useful, it all depends on "the angle of the dangle"
  • donna-j_2
    Again, my nursing chair was pretty upright, and I had my position checked by my midwife.

You'd think I was on commission ...

Believe me, it's not that money was no object. I just stalked them on ebay and got a very good deal.

I just love my chair ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport