"Help" from Mr Darling

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
25 replies 3.4K views
13»

Replies

• benjo wrote: »
    5.82 To support pensioners more broadly, the level of the full State Pension will rise in line
    with prices by £4.55 to £95.25 a week in April 2009. For those women whose entitlement is based
    on their husbands' pension, the full couples' rate increases to £152.30. In addition, in order
    to provide further support for pensioners during the economic downturn, the Government
    announces that it will make a payment in the New Year of £60 for each pensioner, equivalent
    to bringing forward uprating of the basic State Pension from April to January. Around 12.5
    million pensioners will benefit. A £60 payment will also be made to 2.5 million individuals
    who are in receipt of certain other benefits.5

at the bottom of the page (101) it says:

5 Eligibility will be the same as for the annual Christmas Bonus.

To be eligable for the christmas bonus you have to be eligable for one of these benefits for the first full week in December (I am guessing that means in receipt of)

Attendance Allowance
    Constant Attendance Allowance
    Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
    Industrial Death Benefit
    Carer's Allowance
    Mobility Supplement
    Pension Credit - the guarantee element
    State Pension (including Graduated Pension)
    Severe Disablement Allowance
    Unemployability Supplement or Allowance
    War Disablement Pension if aged 65 or over
    War Widow's Pension
    Widow's Pension
    Widowed Mother's Allowance
    Widowed Parent's Allowance

Also you must be resident in the UK, Channel Isles, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, any EU country, or Switzerland.

Benjo quoted directly from the Pre-Budget Report (all 200+ pages of it) so if you are entitled to the Christmas bonus you will be entitled to the £60 too.
  • AmesAmes Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    I can't post the link as I think it's members only (it's on benefits and work). But the quoted bit in the message above this is the same as it said on there.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • There is some info here on the £60 bonus
    Says it will be paid some time between Jan and March 2009 - something extra to look forward to then
  • I have been informed by the Pensions people, that as I have deferred drawing my pension (in an attempt to up it's weekly value when I do draw it) that I don't qualify for the Bonus as I'm not actually in receipt of my Pension.

Has anybody else had this experience?
  • dejavou wrote: »
    I have been informed by the Pensions people, that as I have deferred drawing my pension (in an attempt to up it's weekly value when I do draw it) that I don't qualify for the Bonus as I'm not actually in receipt of my Pension.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Gods they will get you every which way! Dr Dragon signed on a fortnight ago (yesterday), had his first official sign on last Thursday, by today we had still not heard if he was going to get JSA or not, so he phoned up, it turned out the local office had not filled out all the forms that were needed, they were planning on waiting until next week and then it would be another month before a decision would be made! :eek:, be interesting to see what they say, ah well :confused:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides