PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slow Cookers lonely

Options
2»

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,866 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    do they eat casseroles or stews?
    both can be made in the SC with exactly the same ingredients as you would normally use,
    just think of it as a slow cooking casserole dish icon7.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    in mine today I have put the following

2 courgettes - lying in the bottom of the fridge
    Handful of Cherry tomatoes - bought for Christmas dinner
    1 large red onion sliced - cut mouldy bits off first - rest okay
    large handful of mushrooms
    baby potatoes sliced - left over from Christmas day
    2 tin of tomatoes
    2 cloves of garlic
    some chicken stock with tomato puree and some Thai red curry paste

4 pork steaks (BOGOF in Sainsburies and the reduced to £2.49)
    2 pork chops (been in the freezer for a few months now)

Have put on SC on low since 6.45 this morning - should be ready for 5.30pm tonight

With any of the juices/gravy left over I will blend up for soup for me lunch tomorrow

Will let you know how it tastes - if I am not on tomorrow you will know it has gone wrong lol

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business