Cheap and Good Hair Straighteners?

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Just had my payment confirmation from Empire and they haven't taken off the £15 for new customer on the sales goods :-X

But, Viking are doing hair straightners free with something!
  • chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a thought - Sally Hair and beauty are currently doing a deal where if you buy hair tools ceramic straighteners and the ceramic curling tongs for about £99.99 you get a brand new shiny free adult mountain bike.

£99.99 isnt that cheap for just the hair things but if you give the bike away as a pressie or flog it on eBay you might just break even!
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • Fit_Like
    Fit_Like Posts: 357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I seem to remember someone recommending the Sainsburys own range ones Red, at £19.99.

I have a pair of these and they are just as good as my friends GHD's! I would recommend them! ;D
    :wave: Fit Likeee!:j
  • mandirinmonroe
    Options
    semichem are doing a pair of hair straighteners for £12.99 .They look like the ghd one and heat up to 200 degrees. ;D
    Goooooo with the Flowwwwww
  • Fred_Carno_2
    Options
    Have been looking for the same and this morning in Wilkinsons got £3.99 Babyliss straighteners with steam !.
    Look ok, and a known brand.
    Hope this helps
  • wozwebs
    wozwebs Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Just a thought - Sally Hair and beauty are currently doing a deal where if you buy hair tools ceramic straighteners and the ceramic curling tongs for about £99.99 you get a brand new shiny free adult mountain bike.

£99.99 isnt that cheap for just the hair things but if you give the bike away as a pressie or flog it on eBay you might just break even!

Got a link to this offer?

My wife wants a pair of GHD ones for Xmas but i've spotted a decent looking pair on ebay that seem to have good feedback for £24.99 :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36408&item=5540235155

Anyone tried these?
  • Hannah2
    Hannah2 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I am not an expert on straighteners, but there is a difference between ceramic coated and solid ceramic plates, most of the cheaper sets are of the coated variety.

I have a pair of GHS (not a spelling mistake) straighteners from https://www.ghs-direct.co.uk (sorry dont know how to insert a link).

I dont have anything to do with the company, just find that they work very well. They also seem to have an offer on at the moment, they are only £29.95 including postage and packing, much cheaper than when I bought them!.

They also have a 14 day return policy if you are not happy (thats why I gave them a go in the first place).

Hope this might be of use to someone.

Hannah :)
  • spikeage
    spikeage Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience the ghd straighteners are the best and cheaper ones are a false economy. I bought 3 cheaper pairs of straighteners before buying ghds and I am amazed at the difference. I found the cheaper straighteners straightened my hair initially but throughout the day my hair did not stay straight, with ghds it does. In my opinion if your wife has asked for ghds she will be very disappointed with a cheap copy.
  • langers_2
    Options
    GHDs are pretty unreliable though, they were featured on Watchdog as they kept blowing up. My wifes' did the same thing and exploded right by her face :o

GHD replaced no questions asked because of the adverse publicity I think.

See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/personal6.shtml

She ended up buying the Mark Hills from Boots when they were half price and reckons they're BETTER than GHD.
    Langers
  • imported_sallyd
    Options
    Woolworths have Proline Solid Ceramic slim straighteners for under £20 - be quick! Sallyd
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure