Cheap and Good Hair Straighteners?

I'm looking to get some new hair straighteners, as mine are now pretty tired.

The only thing is, I don't want to pay £70-100 like lots of them seem to be.

Will a £20-40 set do as well? If so, can anyone recommend any?

???
Filiss

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Search for your requirements and then buy new on Ebay. Bought my daughters there was looking at some today for a Xmas pressie.

Bought babyliss pro the last time haven't heard any complaints.
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Boots have some half price at the moment. I've got the Mark Hills ones for my daughter for xmas. Don't know how good they are yet but they were £79.99 originally so hopefully won't be too bad. :D

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_list_new_template.jsp?classificationid=1031408
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Also I think these are fantastic (and cheaper too ;) ) I've been using mine for about 8 months now and I'm just wondering why I didn't get these for my daughter too instead of the ones from boots :-/

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36408&item=5538376575&rd=1
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • i work as a hairdresser and we have been selling 'gama -- ceramica' atraignteners for a while, they are very good and are inly in the 50-60 quid mark
    if you can find these they are what id recomend....brilliant for the money
    prob best to look in hairdressing salons for them
    THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS ……
    ..…JUST WAIT AND SEE
  • muckell
    muckell Posts: 248 Forumite
    Ah a hairdresser,

can i sneak this question in? my girlfriends has dropped hugh hints that she would like some hair straigteners for christmas, she's been dropping a lot of hints that "therma Glass" are the best could you suggest a good set?
    You Can, If You Think You Can!
  • I got a good set from a local hairdresser last year for £60 which my daughter loves. I did get the Remington pair through Avon for £6 in the summer and a friend borrowed them and found them great for what she wanted.

I think a lot depends on if you want poker straight hair in which case you need to go with the better ones but if you want to semi straighten and curl under the cheaper ones seem to do the job.
  • chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My straighteners came from Superdrug. They are a brand called Prolectrix and a thin black ceramic ones that look just like GHDs. They have four different heat settings from 160 - 210 degrees and straighten my (afro) hair amazingly well. The best bit is that they only cost £12.99! Well recommended!
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • I seem to remember someone recommending the Sainsburys own range ones Red, at £19.99.
  • modgit
    modgit Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought Hair tools ones, as used in alot of hairdressers
    http://www.buywiseuk.com/product.asp?PC=htts

They heat to the same as GHD but less then half the price.

Have been well pleased with them
  • How about these for FREE from Empirestores.co.uk here : http://www2.empirestores.co.uk/cgi-bin/Empireshopping.storefront/41ad7fbe00f7551e27710a0b00330631/Product/View/HR9776?id=eil0402171a&type=S

Was £45 now £15
    Use new customer £15 off voucher on the front page.

There's also a 30% off voucher code that gives you a free beige jacket but can't find it at the moment (PTxxxx).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure