We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Orient Express

Options
Hello everyone,

It has always been my ambition to take a trip on the Orient Express and I would reallly like to celebrate a significant birthday (18 months away!) with just such a trip. I know I could do a day trip but would like a longer trip abroad (Paris - Venice maybe). I have signed up for the Orient Express newsletters to stay informed but would love to hear of anyone who has been or has any ideas on how to save money on what is sure to be a very pricey experience.

Thanks in advance
Sparkly

Comments

• JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    id like some info on this as well!
    :santa2:
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Hello , I jave been very lucky to have had the luxury of being on board the Orient Express (daytrips) on two occasions and it was wonderful. The first time was a major birthday pressie from Lord E and we went to York , the second time was a Girls day out/belated pressie, and we went to Bath. The second time around we used Nectar points (think it was 3000) and that reduced our fare by £70 each. I believe you can use Nectar points , for any of their trips. The whole OE experience is sheer luxury from start to finish. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they work really hard to make it a memorable time. If you need someone to go with you and carry your hat , please let me know as I would love to go again . HTH x
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there an online booking site for this? I've seen it stationery in the Lowestoft train station but I've never been on it.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    http://www.orient-express.com/web/luxury/luxury_travel.jsp
    Is this waht you are looking for

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
This discussion has been closed.