Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
10.1K replies 334.2K views

Replies

• THE-WIFE_3THE-WIFE_3 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Hels how many sheets do you need as I have some double sided Stamping Up 12 x 12 ones I don't need, they are traditional christmas colours. can do a photo. Silly monkey crafts had DCWV Rose Tinted Christmas paper stacks fairly reasonable and some RTC embellies in their sale.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• SkiergirlSkiergirl Forumite
    995 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I am so pleased your test result was ok saveapenny

bunbun - fab challenge card, the image is great and I love the background paper

mel - gorgeous cards that you've made and received

Flourgirl and rainmac - thanks for the links to the downloads, now we've got the printer working again I might be able to use some of them :D

Rainmac - well done to your DSons for being so good, especially if its the first time the youngest has been to the cinema

Marg - great cards

Kim - very cute cards

whoopidoo - lovely ATC

Paddington - lovely cards on your blog, my fave is the pocket card because I love the colours you've used

Gemma - gorgeous card and very cute too

Hels - are you looking for pre shaped boxes or to make your own ? I cheated and got ready made and just made them up myself ;)
  • MargMarg Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hels - Just before I commit to the postbox - you haven't moved house have you?
  • hels102hels102 Forumite
    737 Posts
    The Wife thanks for that I'll have a look, I've 35 to make:confused:
    Skiergirl i'm going to make them myself well that's the plan and the plan changes daily with me!!!
    Marg i'm still at the same address :-)
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
    2.1K Posts
    rainmac, I stocked up on embossing powders as I got a second second sentiment printed and embossed with clear powder yesterday. It's on the blog here and also an DCWV embossed paper stack in white for £5.98 and some outline Christmas stickers at 34p each. I made very quick Christmas cards with these last year with the gold on plain white paper. PM me when you've time to get to the bloggie, rainmac.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• craftygrannycraftygranny Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    congratulations rainmac . ooh i seen you in print this morning . I got my subs copy of papercraft inspirations and your pocket card with a bookmark is on page 20. Well done you .
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • hels102hels102 Forumite
    737 Posts
    oops £20 later after visiting the Silly Monkey crafts! I've got the paper sorted for the mens boxes :-)
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
    2.1K Posts
    what did you find hels?

• salesadminsalesadmin Forumite
    271 Posts
    Hi all!! I haven't been on the net for a while so I hope I'm not too late for the challenge, my card is on my blog which should be in my signature. I'm off to catch up on the thread!!
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • rainmacrainmac Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    hels102 wrote: »
    I've spent hours trawling the internet looking for some christmasy type double sided card for my wedding favours, any recommendations? I'm going to make the pryamid type boxes and fill with thorntons chocolates! Sorry I know it's not card-making related!

Ooohhh, we will love hearing all about your wedding plans and if we can be of any help along the way, please just ask ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals