Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
10.1K replies 334.1K views

Replies

• melissa75_2melissa75_2 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Hels - I'm okay thanks - just tired of waiting - glad you're feeling better!!

Paddintondoo - great cards on your blog, the layering of shapes on your teddy card is fab, and I love your horse card!!

Gemm - beautiful challenge card - those scalloped circles look great with the image in the centre.
  • ZLS1984ZLS1984 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Hi Saveapenny, happy for you good news :-)

Cnt remeber who said get well soon I know it was some where on here lol. It was not me this time my little girl spent a night in hospital but she is all better now. It was a pesky throat and chest infection. It did start off that no one would go near here and she had to go to the swine flu dep at A and E lol but we got sorted in the end.
    :wave: Wins in 09 = A vodka cocktail kit thing lol, £150 Amazon voucher.
  • melissa75_2melissa75_2 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    ZLS - glad your daughter's better!!!
  • cgcockcroftcgcockcroft Forumite
    275 Posts
    Lovely cards kim, my fav is the pink one. And then even more!!! I love the little duck, he is so cute!

Happy belated birthday gemma
    Well done rainmac on getting a card in print!!!

Excellent news saveapenny

Lovely cards marg!

opened word to keep up but still think i have missed somepeople out, sorry if it was you.

spent the weekend with inlaws and hubbies friends so quite tired today but had a lovely weekend. going to catch up on blogs, then have to make anniversary card for hubbie for tomorrow!! knew it was coming but still didn't really think to make a card!
  • MrsTidgeMrsTidge Forumite
    242 Posts
    Morning everyone.

We're just back from the most amazing weekend at Camp Bestival - unfortunately my 6 year old has got a cough like a seal so I'm now 'working from home'

Just done a very quick recap - gorgeous work everyone as always. I've been asked to a 25th anniversary card for someone from work and am bereft of ideas at the moment!

Better do a bit of work before I start clicking on links in messages!
  • rainmacrainmac Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    MrsTidge wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

We're just back from the most amazing weekend at Camp Bestival - unfortunately my 6 year old has got a cough like a seal so I'm now 'working from home'

Just done a very quick recap - gorgeous work everyone as always. I've been asked to a 25th anniversary card for someone from work and am bereft of ideas at the moment!

Better do a bit of work before I start clicking on links in messages!

So glad you had a great time, sorry to hear about your coughing 'seal' ;) Hope they feel much better soon.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • edited 27 July 2009 at 2:07PM
    saveapennysaveapenny Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    edited 27 July 2009 at 2:07PM
    Mrs Tidge ...Last big anniversary I did I asked for a photo of the couple on thier wedding day and used that
    Or how about a bookatrix card?
    I will hunt out some decoupage later an send them to you
    In the folder I sent you there are some lovely hearts and swirl papers in Blooming Doodles and some lovely Images to go with the papers in Bloomig Doodles images folder

I hope your little one gets better soon

Did anyone buy the Marvel set yesterday off Create and Craft?

Marg...you can usuly only colour in paint if the file is in TIFF format...If its JPEG it comes out very patchy

Gemm...So sorry I missed your birthday I hope you have great day
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • edited 27 July 2009 at 2:21PM
    THE-WIFE_3THE-WIFE_3 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    edited 27 July 2009 at 2:21PM
    tilda lovers Silly monkey crafts are having a sale and there are a couple of magnolia stamps in their sale (around page 40) www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk

Have I bought anything? Oh! No,no,no! Not ME! Perish the thought! ;)
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• rainmacrainmac Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    THE-WIFE wrote: »
    tilda lovers Silly monkey crafts are having a sale and there are a couple of magnolia stamps in their sale (around page 40) www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk

Have I bought anything? Oh! No,no,no! Not ME! Perish the thought! ;)

What did you buy, what did you buy??? ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • hels102hels102 Forumite
    737 Posts
    I've spent hours trawling the internet looking for some christmasy type double sided card for my wedding favours, any recommendations? I'm going to make the pryamid type boxes and fill with thorntons chocolates! Sorry I know it's not card-making related!
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides