We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

1…1718202223…1011

Comments

  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    rainmac wrote: »
    Hello, I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to melissa :A for my beautiful handmade birthday card and gorgeous K&Co mini book - can't wait to have a play with all the bits in the kit :j

    We spent yesterday (my birthday) in London. We went down by train and went to Hamleys and the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs. We had a brilliant day but are all VERY tired today - didn't get home till midnight :rolleyes:

    you kept that quiet rainmac! Happy birthday for yesterday_party_
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Thanks bunbun, it sort of crept up on me to be honest ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • abusybee
    abusybee Posts: 168 Forumite
    Sorry I've not been around all week its a busy time of year and life has just got in the way. I have been nipping on to keep up with what has been posted.

    Rainmac very glad to here your mum is doing well and happy birthday for yesterday:j

    Pink fab cards really love the cupcake it is a fantastic idea

    Saveapenny cards are brill. I totally love the doublesided decopage

    Here is my entry for this weeks challenge. I used some foil wrapping paper that I pinched off my mum after her birthday which is double sided. I screwed it up to try and give it a bit of effect instead of it being flat. Not sure if it worked as well as I would have liked, and some beer bottle tops (which I enjoyed collecting lol :rotfl: ).

    P1020607-1.jpg

    Is anyone posting a challenge for next week?? I will volunteer if no-one else wants to do it.
    :heart2::rotfl: :rotfl: :heart2:I LOVE A BARGIN:heart2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    TIME TO START SHOPPING FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS
    :dance: I LOVE THE SALES!!!!!:dance:
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Pink-winged - great card, I love the sprinkles!
    Furrypig - there's some great stuff on that blog, I love the cute mushroom.
    Rainmac - my pleasure. I hope you had a great day, and I hope you took loads of pics to go in your scrapbook.
    Abusybee - really clever card, the bottle tops look fab!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Abusybee, I love your card! Such a simple idea but so effective!
    Furrypig, that's a great blog, I liked the mushroom too.
    Polly, hope you're feeling better.
    dawnteabag, thanks for the heads up about lidl.
    Rainmac, belated happy birthday! :bdaycake:

    Thanks for all your kind comments about the cupcake card. I can't take complete credit for the idea though as my sister (HariboJunkie) and I were discussing how to use up the supercook cake decorations we got on special offer a few weeks ago and we thought they might look good on cards as she makes a lot of cupcake cards. It was such an easy card to make that I might use the decorations more often.

    I was in the original factory shop yesterday and picked up lots of craft bits and pieces at really good prices. Large glue sticks and double sided tape for £1, a pack of 50 brightly coloured card file dividers for 99p and 100 sheets of acid free tissue paper (a pack of pastel and a pack of brights) for £1 each. They seemed to have lots of bits and pieces that would be useful and could easily be adapted to cardmaking.

    Pink
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    furrypig - love the calendar idea...........not sure I'd be able to do that and make it look half way decent though..................lol

    polly - sorry you're not feeling so good. Take it easy

    busybee - super card...:T .......why do I never think of doing things like that ??:confused:
    Mary

    I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • ooooh I am so jealous. All my craft things are in storage till after christmas. I have so much stuff it's unbelievable! Just before it went into storage I had bought some lovely Christmas embossing folders. I so want to play with them all now!
    Sealed pot challenge #583
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    rainmac - fancy keeping your birthday so quiet................glad you had a good day and belated ''Happy Birthday'' to you xx :j :j :j :j
    Mary

    I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Happy belated birthday Rainmac hbday.gif
    cake.gif birthday.gif bday2.gif bdaycake2.gif bday4.gif celebrate2.gif

    I expect you get the idea!!!

    Sounds like you had a great day in London.
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Lovely card BusyBee...im sure you enjoyed gettign the idea for that one :D

    Rainmac...glad you had a great day yesterday and a very happy birthday xx

    Sorry Furrypig...forgot to say what a great blog you posted I love that idea of the box card might even attempt it
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.