nonoh - Fair Use Policy

Options

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dagobert wrote: »
    nonoh are now offering local rate access telephone numbers.

all of their brands have that option
    Also it's 300 mins per unique IP address. Luckily my IP address is dynamic and changes at midnight every night!
    it's per user or IP address; you'll find the IP address doesn't protect you if you go over the minutes, nor using more than one brand on the PC
    Dagobert wrote: »
    I notice Voip Discount give you 300 free minutes in 7 days rolling (nonoh 200). How much do they charge for 120 free days?
    10 euro + vat
  • FrugalFriend
    Options
    Yeah it's €10 plus VAT and "handling charge" of 50c (and you're not even asked do you want to be handled! The cheeky pervs! :eek: )

So it's €12.50 total for a €10 top-up, still mega value considering it gives 120 days (4 months of free calls) But your credit actually lasts longer because after the 120 days, then you start using your credit, it hasn't usually been all used. So I find it can last 5-6 months, especailly if you keep on eye on when your free days run out. So potentially just €2 per month for virtually limitless calls. :D

P.S. Regarding the weekly 300 minute call limit, it may limited per account not IP address, as Redux says, but all I can say is I've never been cut off, and I've probably used over that amount. (i.e. resident chatterbox uses on average 1 hour per day gabbing on and on ..... :rolleyes: )
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    P.S. Regarding the weekly 300 minute call limit, it may limited per account not IP address, as Redux says, but all I can say is I've never been cut off, and I've probably used over that amount. (i.e. resident chatterbox uses on average 1 hour per day gabbing on and on ..... :rolleyes: )

I don't get cut off, but it does come up saying something like:

Call costs: €0.01/min (weekly call limit exceeded)
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • FrugalFriend
    Options
    I never got that, does that come up on your online account, or is it an announcement before the call? All I've ever got was an announcement when my credit ran out: "Your call cannot be connected. Please top up your account" or something like that ..... I've just switched to Nonoh from VoipDiscount so maybe they're different.
  • Dagobert
    Dagobert Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    When you've got free minutes the left you will be connected at zero cost and the call will be totally free even if it exceeds your free minute allowance.

I have never been cut off.
    Dagobert
  • FrugalFriend
    Options
    No me neither, only got cut off due to credit running out, after the 120 free days. Then when you re-dial it tells you, "Your call can't be connected. Please top up your account."
  • Dagobert
    Options
    I wonder whether anyone else is experiencing this:

9 out of 10 times I click on a link in the "MyAccounts" navigation bar, I am taken back to the login prompt due to session timeout, even if I have only been logged in for minutes.

For example, I just sent an SMS, paste the text into the box, send, goto "Recent Calls", timeout. All that took at most a minute.

It often takes about 5 attempts to send an SMS, possibly due to timeout as well (if I don't write fast enough?). When I press the SMS send button I just get an empty sceen, no success message.
    Dagobert
  • Dagobert
    Options
    Registered users get max 200 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days

I use the phone-number to dial, which should give me 200 free minutes in a 7-day period.

Recently, I noticed that I am being charged sooner, or am I missing something? :

On 16 Aug, I made a free 121 min. phonecall. The following six days my calls were charged - 158 min. in total.

On 23 Aug, when the long phone-call had dropped off, I made a free 42 min. call. I was charged for a second 14 min. call on the same day.

Is anyone else getting less than 200 free minutes? The T&Cs seem to be rather flexible on that point.
    Dagobert
  • FrugalFriend
    FrugalFriend Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 August 2009 at 2:47PM
    Options
    I don't get the whole "last 7 days" thing. When does the 7 days start, and end? I changed from Voip Discount to Nonoh, the minutes allowance went from 300 to 200. It has made a difference; make a couple of 1 hour calls, plus casual calls, and the limit is quickly reached. I got charged for a few calls. Not sure if they're giving me the 200 mins or not, too confusing to work out. Overall its still good value though.

P.S. I never use Nonoh for texts. I use my mobile networks free web texts to text. Also you can get a free O2 SIM and you can text anyone, anywhere (including international) for free from the O2 web site. Just top up by the minimum amount every 6-12 months to keep the SIM active.

There's also Vyke and other cheap texting services you can use from your mobile.
  • Dagobert
    Options
    I don't get the whole "last 7 days" thing. When does the 7 days start, and end? [...] Not sure if they're giving me the 200 mins or not, too confusing to work out.
    You get 200 free minutes for 7 days rolling. That means you need to look at the last 7 days in your recent calls list. For to-day, you would add up the minutes starting from last week on Wednesday. If that exceeds 200, you have to pay.

You also need to bear in mind that if you dial via the web you pay both legs of the call. For free minutes that means you use up double the free minutes for a call. If you dial via the phone you only pay for one leg.

However, my point was that they are NOT giving me 200 free minutes.
    Overall its still good value though.
    You can only determine that if you work out what you pay per month and compare that to an alternative supplier.
    They recently almost doubled the price of my destination. My paid-for calls are double the price I would pay elsewhere. What makes a difference is the fact that you don't pay a connection charge which quickly adds up if you make a lot of short calls.
    That makes it difficult to compare suppliers.
    Dagobert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport