Pots of gold help!

Options

Comments

• jojo2004
    Options
    I made pots of gold for two dear friends - I used the larger size Kellner glass jars from Wilkos - £2 each, and put in ferrero rocher, gold coins, werthers original, a lotto lucky dip tied up with gold ribbon, a little gold bell (which rings!) xmas dec, and a candle holder in gold with a candle in it that's christmassy smelling.

How do I upload a pic? I'd love to show everyone - so proud, and thank you all for the amazing ideas!

P.s. I used organza instead of cello in the end, think it looks pretty nice, was cheap in haberdashers.

:j :j :j
    :grin:If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving isn't for you
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    jojo2004 wrote: »
    I made pots of gold for two dear friends - I used the larger size Kellner glass jars from Wilkos - £2 each, and put in ferrero rocher, gold coins, werthers original, a lotto lucky dip tied up with gold ribbon, a little gold bell (which rings!) xmas dec, and a candle holder in gold with a candle in it that's christmassy smelling.

How do I upload a pic? I'd love to show everyone - so proud, and thank you all for the amazing ideas!

P.s. I used organza instead of cello in the end, think it looks pretty nice, was cheap in haberdashers.

:j :j :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=15625359&postcount=56

The above link is a guide I did to adding photos, hope this helps, can't wait to see your piccies. They sounds fab!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    I've had to make up 8 this evening for my son's teachers and helpers. I popped into a local florist for some cello but she didn't have anything gold so I opted for the blue snowflake one.
    I bought the pots from Ikea £1.29 for 3 - I actually prefer these to the larger ones i made and posted previously.
    My friend popped in tonight when I was making one and she loved them and ended up taking one home with her for her daughter's teacher!!!!

harrisxmasconcert035ks2.jpg

Wow Shelley they look fab and I love the Cello, it really works!!!!! Well done you :)
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    I just get a square with a red cross in the corner where the piccy should be :confused: How can I change than?
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Options
    mary43 wrote: »
    I just get a square with a red cross in the corner where the piccy should be :confused: How can I change than?

if you want email me your pic and I will post them
    on here for you
    :j:j:j
  • ladsmadd
    ladsmadd Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    hi does any know of a website that i can got the pot of gold tags from.Which have already been made up,so i can just print them out from.Have had a quick look but can only find them for snowman soup,I am having problems printing them out the right size,to place a photo on the front

thanks.
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 8

A friendly look,a kindly smile,one good act and life's worthwhile
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 7 = £636
    # 382 -Sealed Pot Challenge 6 =£472
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Options
    there are verses on page 5
    of this thread I just put them in word
    and printed them off and cut roiund
    them to fit
    :j:j:j
  • ladsmadd
    ladsmadd Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    rosekitten wrote: »
    there are verses on page 5
    of this thread I just put them in word
    and printed them off and cut roiund
    them to fit

Do you know how i would get the picture on the label to, as can not got both to work together.
    thanks.
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 8

A friendly look,a kindly smile,one good act and life's worthwhile
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 7 = £636
    # 382 -Sealed Pot Challenge 6 =£472
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys

Going to do a pot of gold for my secret Santa at work... So far I have

Glass 42p or something in Asda
    Chocolate coins BOGOF Tesco 99p
    1 or 2 (not sure) Ringtons chocolate bar ( Tunnocks equivilant) nicked from OH

What I want to know is how many scratch cards to put in?
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Whats your price for the secret santa? If you are limited to £5 then you could probably put 2 in there without going over budget, if it is more then mix them maybe and have a couple of £1 scratch cards and maybe 1 x £2 scratchcard?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport