Really cheap food...however

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    cazxx1 wrote: »
    and why is the delivery so expensive

dont forget this is postage AND packaging....

£7.95 covers the actual postage cost, the price of the delivery boxes, the cost of someone actually going round the warehouse picking and packing your order, the printing out etc of your order from the internet, the fee to google for using their online payment service

so all in all i think its a very good price especially if you think you pay over £4 odd to send 1kg by royal mail

EDIT..... just phoned to see when my order is coming... wow what a nice guy.... he is admitting they are snowed under.... he said where they normally get around 20 orders on the internet, they have had over 700 orders since friday.

he was saying that they have had more lines in, but just ahvnt had a change to put them on-line.. but he did tell me he's got cadburies fruit and nut coming in today ... so hubby will be pleased..lol...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • sarah_elton
    Options
    EDIT..... just phoned to see when my order is coming... wow what a nice guy.... he is admitting they are snowed under.... he said where they normally get around 20 orders on the internet, they have had over 700 orders since friday.

LOL, that's the power of MSE for you. :D

I would so much rather have given my money to Dan the Man than Mr Tesco. And my stuff all arrived in perfect condition (I was nervous when I saw the ParcelFarce label).
  • princess_loki
    Options
    very excited!!! saw this thread a while back and waited until some people had said that their stuff had arrived ok!

have just placed my order of £22.42 including shipping!! we will not run out of beans or pickle for quite a while now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thank you to the op for a great find!!

loki x
    it's nice to be important but more important to be nice!! :kisses3:
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, had an email from Dan last night to say they were out of stock on a few items, but my order was on it's way.Very good service bearing in mind I ordered on saturday afternoon.I cannot wait for my order now.And I've used the link to nominate twise:j
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • tia1803
    tia1803 Posts: 767 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    this thread is ace!!!!
    after a few days of debating...shall i...sharnt i...i have just done my order and cannot wait!!!!!!
    2013 wins...angry birds knex.
  • emujuice
    emujuice Posts: 930 Forumite
    Options
    There's some new items online - at least since I checked last week. no sign of the dairy milk fruit and nut, but Dan did say he wasn't sure when it was coming in.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LOL, that's the power of MSE for you. :D

I would so much rather have given my money to Dan the Man than Mr Tesco. And my stuff all arrived in perfect condition (I was nervous when I saw the ParcelFarce label).

I second that, even though I haven't had my delivery yet :D
    How long does it take for the stuff to come?
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered mine late Thursday night and got it yesterday. OH was well impressed though he's got through a 1/4 of the HUGE Nutella jar so I've hidden it :rolleyes:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    I second that, even though I haven't had my delivery yet :D
    How long does it take for the stuff to come?

by the sounds of it before friday you would get your order wtihin a day or so, but with the high volume of orders generated by this thread, they are snowed under with orders, so they are working their little butts of to try and pick and pack all the orders, so it will take a bit longer than normal, i think after this first lot of intial orders... it will be back to their normal time frame..

i put my order in on sunday, and as i am in the £7.95 delivery area dan said he uses a third party delivery company.? so it might be a bit longer.. so i am looking at either friday or monday for my delivery...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • bunnyears
    Options
    Many Thanks For Post Goods Arrived Today, Ordered 16th Nov. They Let Me Know Beforehand Of Goods Out Of Stock And Refunded. Made One Change But It Didn't Matter Still Chocolate Bars Will Be Ordering Again Soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure